Best Time Clock software
Finding the best Time Clock Software for your business is now faster and easier! Compare prices, reviews, features, and get free consultation to find the perfect software.
Time clock software is an employee time tracking software that allows you to track the clock in and clock out times of employees, thereby creating a record of work hours and overtime hours. Time clock payroll software is widely used by managers, employers, and HR departments across various industries. These types of software help companies to improve their overall employee management system by managing payrolls, time, and data accuracy.
One of the primary reasons for using these types of software is the flexibility and level of automation they offer. Such software eliminates the need for spreadsheets or punch cards.
Employee time clock software offers a plethora of features ranging from standard payroll management to advanced quality and inventory management. Although different employee time clocks for small businesses provide various functionalities, here are a few typical features almost every time clock software offers.
- Time Clock: The primary feature of all types of time clock software is an on-premise time clock. Time clock features enable the company to ensure employees are on-time and on-site, and no time theft or buddy punching is being performed. Several types of software offer various recognition methods, including biometric scanner or face recognition. Once employees log in, the data automatically transfers to the company database.
- Device Tracking: If a company embodies distributed fleets or workplaces, companies need to ensure that employees are on the site. As discussed above, when an employee punches or logs in, the information gets transported to the company database.
- GPS Tracking: GPS tracking in a time clock software allows you to identify the real-time location of your employees through permanent fleet fixtures and mobile devices. GPS tracking will enable you to figure out where and why your employees are spending most of your time and how it can be reduced. With GPS tracking, you can also find the routes your employees follow and contemplate the effectiveness of the routing systems.
- Geofencing: Geofencing is the process of drawing or determining a digital parameter around a specific area; it allows you to track devices entering or leaving the determined area. Geofencing is widely used in the utility, construction, and sales sector where the mobile workforce plays a significant role. Geofencing tracks when a device leaves or enters an area sends the information to the database.
- Payroll Integrations: Most advanced time clock software provides the feature of direct clock integration with payroll and HR software. Therefore, the labor data syncs automatically by a one-click process, eliminating the requirement of manual entry, spreadsheets, or physical documentation. Payroll integration not only reduces the time spent by your bookkeeper but eliminated the chances of clerical error as well.
- Labor Data: Local laws, along with IRS, FLSA, and EEOC, indicate that companies and workplaces need to report the work time and wages earned by all employees. Before the introduction of clock software, companies had to manage spreadsheets or write the information manually. This process was time-consuming and was subject to human error.
On the other hand, clock software collects and stores all of your labor data in one place, which makes that data easily accessible. Moreover, you can export this data to different programs like your accountant, HR database, or directly to the government.
- Time off Request Management: A lot of time clock management software comes with a built-in feature of time off request management. Companies that have complex schedules or a lot of employees working at different shifts will find the process of shift & schedule management difficult. The time off request management feature simplifies the process by providing several functionalities like sick leave management, shift management, and schedule management.
Time clock software offers a bunch of benefits. Employee management is a burdensome task, especially for medium and large-sized businesses. From managing payrolls to shifts, clock software help businesses in several ways. Let's discuss the advantages of using time clock solutions briefly.
- Increased Accuracy: Employee time clock software increase the accuracy of payrolls and tracking. Manual management of payrolls either by spreadsheets or writing is a time consuming and inaccurate process. An automated software comes to rescue by offering quick and accurate solutions, which help companies reduce the time spent in managing payrolls, shifts, and work time.
- Increased Productivity: Manual payroll processing is a tedious and time-consuming process as it includes collecting time cards and re-entering data in the payroll solution. Payrolls are processed either at the end or beginning of the month, a time when the workload is at its peak. If you own a small business where the entire payroll management task is assigned to one person, it can turn out to be a burdensome task to perform. With a time clock solution, you can save time and increase accuracy, thereby increasing the overall productivity of the process.
- Increased Satisfaction: Using a time clock software is beneficial for both employees and employers. With the help of time clock solutions, employers can easily manage the payrolls and shifts, which enables them to save a lot of time and labor. Employees, on the other hand, are at ease as time clock solutions ensure accurate payrolls and work hour & overtime tracking, leaving no scope for fraud and bias outcomes.
- Flexible Working Arrangements: Not all jobs are office-based jobs, some require mobility, and some can be performed from any remote location. But in such situations, manual attendance management can get complicated and stressful. However, time clock solutions provide various features for effective attendance management.
- Better Schedule and Shift Management: In restaurants, bars, or other part-time job workplaces, schedule and shift management becomes difficult. Clock and attendance software offers various features to simplify and automate the process of shift and schedule management.
Time clock software offers endless benefits for employers, managers, and HR teams with its automated tracking and payroll management solutions. However, with various options to select from, selecting the right software that caters to your needs can be a challenging task. Therefore, here are a few criteria to consider before choosing a time and attendance software.
- Flexible Tracking: A time clock solution should provide flexible time tracking options through different methods. The software should be accessible from all platforms and should keep a record of all the information like work hours and payroll. Mobile compatibility is also essential; make sure the software you choose is mobile compatible.
- Accuracy and Perfection: Although all attendance and clock software claim of being accurate, try it at your end to ensure the software you are choosing provides precise information without any errors in payroll or overtime.
- Easy-to-use: One of the reasons for you to use time and attendance software is because you want to save time. A complicated software can do the opposite, and thus, make sure the software you choose has a simple, easy to use user interface.
- Price and Reviews: Although some employee time clock software are free to use, most advanced solutions are chargeable. Determine your objectives and expectations from the software, and decide a budget accordingly. Also, refer to user and expert reviews to get a vague idea about how the software performs.
If you don't want to spend time searching for the best time and attendance software, here are three of the best time clock software that can help you make your business more productive and efficient.
- ClockInEasy: ClockInEasy is one of the leading employee time clock software that provides cloud-based timesheet and time-tracking solutions for offices, small & mid-size businesses, and companies. It has a free version that allows you to add one user and offers features like timesheet, GPS tracking, and payroll management. ClockInEasy's Professional Plan is priced at $5 per month per user up to 100 users.
- Time Clock Wizard: Time Clock Wizard is a web-based time and attendance software that is preferred by businesses of all types and sizes. In this software, managers can add team members and manage their work hours, overtime, and salaries. In the free version, you can add up to three users and use the employee time-tracking feature. Time Clock Wizard's Value plan is priced at $14.95 per month. This software is best suited for medical and IT services.
- Homebase: Another cloud-based solution, Homebase, provides time-tracking and scheduling services to small businesses. With the free version, you can access the GPS tracking function. This software stands out in schedule as it provides excellent yet simple employee schedules administration.
Great recruiters know how to find great candidates. It's all the other things, like scheduling interviews and sending out status updates that they need help with. So, we built Freshteam to help recruiters focus on the only thing that matters: recruiting. View Profile
SINC is a Mobile Workforce Management Platform that brings Job Data Collection from the field to the office; thus, improving Job Profitability and reducing Risk in your business. View Profile
CakeHR is fast-becoming 1 software in staff leave and employee database management. By reducing the overhead time and money spent on paper chasing employees' leave requests, CakeHR helps you to solve your HR challenges and let’s you to focus on building your business! View Profile
CEIPAL TalentHire is an AI-driven, fully integrated ATS which assists staffing and recruiting firms in automating their workflows and enables them to quickly identify vacancies, promptly source and screen applicants, then effortlessly place and digitally onboard them. View Profile
On The Clock is a web-based time clock software that makes payroll management simple and promotes a better synergy between employees and employers. This clock in clock out software provides employee GPS, Payroll Integration, and mobile applications. View Profile
HRMantra is the World's most feature rich HR and Payroll software helping automate the most complicated of hire to retire HR processes easily using its CRORES of ready to use features. It saves 30 min per emp per day giving over 10 times ROI. 100% project success assured.
Keka is a best Human Resource Management Software (Top HRM Software). The only cloud HR Software that is employee centric. Unlike traditional HRMS solutions, we are a modern new generation platform focused on user experience and simplifying complex workflows.
It is one of the best cloud based payroll software for small business. It is designed to help organizations to manage their employee's data. This software also allows for easy calculation of the full and final settlements. It is user-friendly best payroll system that provides 100% accuracy. It delivers to high-quality software service on a 24 x 7 basis.
Zoho People is a cloud-based HR software that's crafted to automate your HR processes while also focusing on your most important assets - your people. Designed for small, medium and enterprise businesses, Zoho People caters to all industry needs and can be customized to work your way. With a user-friendly interface and streamlined processes, Zoho People simplifies HR management.
We are a focussed HR solution provider for corporate. We offer end to end HR solution from recruitment to retirement covering entire employee life cycle in an organisation. Our solution can be delivered as a product that can be used by the customer at his location or the software can be accessed from our cloud platform or we can offer outsourced services for attendance and payroll.
Great recruiters know how to find great candidates. It's all the other things, like scheduling interviews and sending out status updates that they need help with. So, we built Freshteam to help recruiters focus on the only thing that matters: recruiting.
Centralize your HR process across your multi-branch organization. Timelabs is the preferred next generation Web Based comprehensive HR Management System for SOHO, SME & Enterprise to centralize attendance, leave & payroll over the web.
Time Doctor is to enable effective remote work and improvement productivity in remote teams of the Time Tracking Service. It has easier to ensure that everyone is works efficiently and the ability to take screenshots of the computer or laptop screen every few times. Time Doctor is the most accurate productivity software on the market.
With 11,000+ businesses using enableHR, it provides the most dynamic HR solutions for your business. EnableHR meets all your HR and WHS bases. This online onboarding software is designed to ease the burden of compliance on your HR team.
Ticks Softwares is one of the advanced employee time clocks for small business that provides a wide range of features ranging from tally integration to inventory management. This best time clock for small business offers quality control and job cards, as well.
ELMO is the leading employee onboarding platform to provide Talent management, Workforce investigation and effective tools to consistently manage recruiting, onboarding, learning, performance management, progression and HR Core.
HubStaff is a web based time clock software that cuts down on your tracking time by offering effective employee management solutions. This best time clock software provides productivity monitoring, reporting, team scheduling, timesheets, and GPS tracking.
Humanity is one of the best time clock software as it provides superior features along with its web-based attendance tracking and reporting. It is one of those rare time clock management systems that offer rounding clock times and online time clock terminals.
Buddy Punch is a clock in clock out software that allows you to manage your employees without any hassle. This best time clock software provides features like PTO/Sick/Vacation Tracking, Automatic Breaks, Project and Job Codes, and Overtime Calculations.
TSheets is a cloud-based employee time clock software that allows you to track the employees' location and clock in and clock out time. It is one of the widely used employee time clocks for small business and offers Biometric features and Quick clock in.
allGeo helps small, mid, and enterprise businesses better manage their mobile workforce using cloud hosted software and mobile phone app. The platform provides a highly customizable workflow to help businesses automate, manage and optimize their field operation.
CLOCKWISE is a fully featured Time Clock Software designed to serve SMEs, Startups. CLOCKWISE provides end-to-end solutions designed for Windows. This online Time Clock system offers Reporting/Analytics, Billable & Non-Billable Hours, Time Tracking, Multiple Billing Rates, Vacation/Leave Tracking at one place.
RightPunch is a fully featured Time Clock Software designed to serve Startups, SMEs. RightPunch provides end-to-end solutions designed for Windows. This online Time Clock system offers Biometric Recognition at one place.
BeeBole Timesheets is a fully featured Time Clock Software designed to serve Startups, Enterprises. BeeBole Timesheets provides end-to-end solutions designed for Windows. This online Time Clock system offers Payroll Management, Vacation/Leave Tracking, Mobile Time Tracking, Employee Database, Reporting/Analytics at one place.
TimeCheck is a fully featured Time Clock Software designed to serve Enterprises, Startups. TimeCheck provides end-to-end solutions designed for Windows. This online Time Clock system offers Reporting/Analytics, Reporting/Analytics, Employee Scheduling, Payroll Management, Self Service Portal at one place.