Best Task Management Systems for your business
Finding the best Task Management Software for your business is now faster and easier! Compare prices, reviews, features, and get free consultation to find the perfect software.
Adopting a task management approach that relies on emails and spreadsheets can lead to much confusion and chaos. Such systems force project members to rely on gut feelings and guesswork instead of leveraging real-time data to make smart decisions.
Task Management system is more than your usual to do lists. It’s more of a system designed to help you in executing large projects effectively and efficiently. Task management software means a software system that helps track tasks from the start all the way to the end, allowing you to delegate subtasks to the team and set deadlines thus ensuring that all projects are tackled on time.
Whether you need to finish, prioritize, assign or manage an assignment, the task tracking software can help you streamline the project. You can also use it to predict opportunities and problems that happen in the future and reorganize your resources and tactics accordingly.
Managing tasks in any organization is a daunting challenge. It does matter whether yours is a tiny kiosk office or you are running a giant organization. Advancement in technology is changing the way we do things. While you could easily get away with it in the past, failure to leverage technology in online task management software would result in an epic fail.
In a nutshell, why do you need a task management software?
- Keeping things organized - Keeping your desk littered with sticky notes can easily confuse you. As a result, it might make you miss on some essential tasks, and delay the execution of others. But, thanks to online task manager app systems, you can schedule for every activity ahead of time. It also makes it easy for you to share files and tracking the progress of your project in real-time. As a result, it ensures smooth flow of communication between you and your teammates.
- Monitoring employees’ activities - Without reliable task management apps, confusion tends to be a norm. The good thing about the software system is that allows workers to view tasks assigned to them and the specific period within which the work needs to get done. As such, you stop worrying about who does what, but the progress of each task along the way.
- Doing away with paperwork - Paperwork is tedious, daunting, and leads to reduced productivity. The software system reduces or even completely does away with the dependence on paperwork in team task management. Besides, it becomes easier sharing project development compared to the use of circulars and memos.
- Helps finish project on time - Using management software keeps you on top of things. You can view the work-done, work-in-progress, and modify plans to ensure timelines in your delivery. Your customers will love you for it and your business will gain a competitive edge over the competition at the end of the day.
Deciding on the task management system that will fit your business' needs can be time-consuming. Even seasoned project managers might find it quite challenging.
If you don’t know how to get started, here are three ways to narrow the search:
1. Take a deep look at your business’ internal environment:
You don’t want to invest in a task management software that will be of little or no help to your business. Ensure you and your teams have all the fine details about the tasks, business operations and processes at hand. Think about the size of your company, different departments it runs and how they interact. Consider the services or products you offer and the existing talent pool – both internal or outsourced.
Also, evaluate the strengths and weakness of your business. Think about other issues like the technology you and your team prefer, long-term goals and finances. Why is it important? Because some of these issues have a huge potential of bringing up alignment issues that may affect the way company does business. It might take you a lot of time to go through the evaluation process, but it ensures that you won’t waste more time or incur unnecessary costs.
2. Confirm whether the Task Management Software can sufficiently support all aspects of the tasks at hand:
Before you settle on any particular task management system, make sure you have identified and documented all the tasks you intend to work on and those that you might want to tackle in the future. Then, narrow-down to features that you think would be ideal for your specific project needs.
Once you are through, compare the details with information provided in the vendor documents to ensure that the particular task management system solution can meet both your short and long-term goals. Finally, ensure that the software solution that impresses you and your team is scalable, within your set budget and can efficiently accommodate all the tasks and key processes.
3. Try out your preferred Task Management Software before taking the plunge:
Don’t make the final purchase decision before trying out the fully-working version of the task management system. Why it important? It ensures your teams (the group(s) that will actually use the system) get to experience it and offer their feedback. As such, you will avoid running into “costly buyer’s remorse” that plagues many businesses all too often.
Task management app is more than just writing lengthy to do lists. It involves following a given process from the beginning of every project to completion.
That is why you need a task tracking software that offers a robust set of features including:
- Calendar – You are always working on strict deadlines set on your calendar. Your online task manager app should easily sync that information. It should also allow you to set milestones to mark your progress from one phase to the next. The system should also you to add email notification to your calendar, reminding your team of important dates along the line of the project execution.
- Collaborative – For you to successfully manage your team, you must ensure there is a smooth flow of communication. Whether you are assigning, organizing or monitoring the project, involving your team at every stage is key. They need to know what is expected of them, and the timeframe within which they should complete the task. The software should also be accessible anywhere, anytime.
- Estimating –You need to know the time each task will take to get completed. Therefore, you need a tool to help you get an estimate of the task duration. Armed with the information, you can easily set project deadlines for each member of your team. Besides, a good project and task management system will prevent you from micromanaging your employees. But, it updates you on your team’s strengths and weaknesses. It also helps in allocating tasks accordingly for optimum productivity. If the task is too huge, you can break it down into smaller easily digestible tasks and assign them to your employees accordingly.
- Prioritize – Once you prepare your to do lists, you always have to prioritize each of the tasks. Some of the tasks will demand immediate attention, other requires specific skills while others can just wait. There are those tasks that need to be completed before getting your hands on the next project. For you to accomplish all these, you need to manage your time resources efficiently. That where an efficient task tracker app comes in – it gives you the ability to prioritize different tasks and update you accordingly in the course of the execution of the project.
- Status – Your task management software should always update you on the progress of your project. That would only be possible if your software system allows time tracking for every project. Whether it’s through colour coding or a list, the system should always give you a clear picture of what is happening. But for better visual presentation, you can go for software that can easily integrate with Gantt chart.
- Improves teamwork - Projects can take months, if not years, to complete. For long tasks, it means there is a lot of information to be shared. That requires consistent communication with the team members. It helps you set clear list of duties and roles for each person. A task tracker app assists in streamlining the project, giving you incredible results.
- Centralize activities - An excellent task management tool enables you to integrate activities in one place. As a result, it does away with the need to run tedious accounts and numerous passwords. It tracks time of the project, monitor client activity, and helps in avoiding duplication of work. It is one dashboard for everything.
- Happy client, happy life - The success of every business, whether small or big, relies on customer satisfaction. Although every business faces a challenge or two with their clients. A good task management software keeps your clients and project manager at the same pace and page, and as a result, leading to better relations with the customer.
- Manage tasks anywhere, anytime - In today's entrepreneurial world, the power of the cloud is at your fingertips. With employees and departments spread out around the globe in different working hours and time zones, we need the best task management app that allows us to work from any location of the world. You don't need to run back to the office to complete a task.
Many small businesses are overwhelmed by working in emails and spreadsheets. Plus, employees are now taking broader roles in the companies. It has then resulted in even bigger to do lists. To save time, improve team collaboration and get more done, they are turning to online task management software.
Easy Projects is an award-winning collaborative work management platform used by local and remote teams to achieve quantifiable operational improvements. On average, teams that use Easy Projects report 30% decrease in project duration and 60% increase in productivity. View Profile
Wrike is a web-based task management system and doesn't have to be installed, downloaded or upgraded to anything in the mobile application. It is easy to create tasks, set scheduled work, attaching files and tracking work progress using this task manager. View Profile
Infolio is a project management solution for teams & individuals, tailored for collaboration with its task management toolkit, dedicated project chats and visual boards for content sharing & collaboration.
JIRA Software is one of the best task management software for team planning, tracking, setting due dates and reminders, etc. It improves the overall team performance using visual data to stay connected with the team from anywhere via the mobile application.
WebWork Time Tracker is a time tracking and employee monitoring software. Small, medium, big companies are also major beneficiaries of WebWork Time Tracker, monitoring their employees effectively and boosting their overall productivity and efficiency levels.
Zoho's task management software is the best way to keep track of everything right from simple tasks to complex projects - all in one place. It also enables you to gain in-depth insights with charts and reports. Collaborate seamlessly with your vendors, employees, clients or consultants using Zoho Projects.
ProProfs Project is an online project management tool, perfect for executing plans, scheduling and assigning tasks. It allows project managers with a solution to manage resources, allocate tasks and coordinate among different teams. It also provides an online platform where multiple teams can collaborate in real time to execute projects.
Time Doctor is to enable effective remote work and improvement productivity in remote teams of the Time Tracking Service. It has easier to ensure that everyone is works efficiently and the ability to take screenshots of the computer or laptop screen every few times. Time Doctor is the most accurate productivity software on the market.
DeskTrack is productivity software that is top notch and designed according to the requirements of today's business world. It Monitor and records the actual time spent on the application and the browsed URLs on the system thus helps in increasing productivity.
WEEEK is an online project management tool, perfect for executing plans, scheduling and assigning tasks. It allows project managers with a solution to manage resources, allocate tasks and coordinate among different teams.
TMetric can help you to forget about time tracking and spend more time to create great products. With TMetric you can set money rates to every task you complete and project you work on. To show your client how many time you spent on his projects, you can export your time from TMetric and show it to the client.
DeskTime is a real-time tracking software that tracks employee working hours and productivity. With features like scheduling, project tracking and optional screenshots, DeskTime is bound to have the features to help your employees become more productive!
ProofHub is an online task management system and collaboration tool. ProofHub provides your team with the right tools for better project planning. You can make notes of important points that get skipped after a discussion within this online task manager app.
Jolt Employee Scheduling is the best online scheduling system that particularly designed for any size of companies. Include attributes like delete unwanted thing, give full information about the task and make the report and manage feedback.
Taskworld is a full-featured project management tool which offer advanced analytics, built in messaging and tons of other great features which easily managing projects and serves seamlessly and straightens out the curved parts of team/project management.
eRS Cloud is a collaborative and configurable web based resource management software for organizations of all types and sizes. It has whole range of features for resource scheduling, financials and management reporting.
The product provides you a complete pre-migration checklist/inventory of all Office 365 components in order to assist you with your planning for Office 365 migration process.
SmartTask is an online task management and collaboration software for teams to track their progress. SmartTask brings task management, file sharing, CRM, location tracking and instant messaging on one platform.
Podio is an innovative and easy to use Task Management software for small start-ups companies to manage their entire business. It speeds correspondence and gives the straightforwardness and responsibility required for effective frame work, by empowering individuals to arrange and track work.
Redbracket HUB is an enterprise wide project management and document management system designed to automate all processes of designing, architectural and engineering practices.
Monday.com is a project management tool your group will really appreciate utilizing. It makes it fun and simple for everybody to team up, concentrate on what's imperative, and accomplish more at work.
Take Control of your Operations, Work together with your Team and Clients, Eliminate the Stress out of Handling your Practice, Plan Tasks for the Entire Year,Manage Due Dates Effectively, Cost Monitoring at a Mouse Click, Prompt Handling of Invoices, and many more
AppsTec is a flexible content management, which makes managing your documents easier. Right from capturing data to indexing and retrieving documents, it offers end-to-end document management solutions. Moreover, it helps reduce physical storage space while helping you save on costs and leveraging benefits.
Producteev is an amazing task management system to streamline projects. The project work can be easy and customized. It can also be very helpful in providing seamless tasks, subtext to assigned, labelled, prioritized and to submit before the deadline.
Easynote helps you manage any team, department or process anywhere. Scalable to any project size.