Best Service Desk Management in 2020
Finding the best Service Desk Management Software for your business is now faster and easier! Compare prices, reviews, features, and get free consultation to find the perfect software.
The service desk software is a one-stop solution to solve all your problems. From troubleshooting technical issues to getting access to a new system, service desk software solution manages it all. Every day we hinge on help desks to solve such user issues. The service desk management system is a pivotal platform and a beneficial resource in serving the problems and queries of employees and customers daily.
Help desk software stores the information of the customer in a searchable database, automate the issue resolution process and track interactions. This functionality increases efficiency and streamlines workflow. When someone contacts the service desk by web form, phone, email, or other means, the system creates an electronic trouble ticket. Customer service representatives (CSRs) or technicians record details about the problems or review what the customer has entered using a self-service tool. Once the CSR handles the issue, the responder marks it as resolved or reroute the matter to a specialist or executive if needed.
'Tickets' associate with customer profiles that comprise of customer's contact information, purchase history, and assets. It allows the help desk representatives to see a customer's entire interaction history. Some systems enable users to link problems by issue type, so responders can refer back to a resolved issue when they encounter a similar problem.
Service desk software solution plays a significant role in providing flawless service and support to the employees and customers. The best service desk software composes of the following features.
- Knowledge Management: Service desk management software consists of an archive comprising of previously resolved problems. These resources might be available publicly for customer self-service or reserved for internal usage of CSRs. Most of the knowledge bases integrate advanced search technologies to assist users in finding the right answers, while some may auto-suggest queries or articles as per the user's requirement.
- Self-service: The service desk system allows the customers to use online portals to search for solutions to resolve the queries. Self-service resources can include product documentation, searchable FAQs, forums, and other types of user communities. If the customer can't find a solution, self-service tools often let them submit issues online.
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) management: Service Level Agreement is a contract between the help desk agent and the customer. It defines the service level expected from time to register a response time to resolution. SLAs guarantee to customers that issues of a particular type will be addressed within a specific time frame. These features allow users to set prioritization triggers, automatic escalations, and other custom rules to ensure relevant issues get handled effectively in compliance with an SLA.
- Reporting: The reporting feature entailed by help desk software enables enterprises to monitor critical parameters such as the representative's productivity, support cost, and customer satisfaction. Detailed analytics provided by the software favors the continuous improvement of service quality and efficiency. Performance metrics frequently include total open issues; issue resolutions by date, shift or agent; the average time to resolve; customer satisfaction and other characteristics.
- Mobile and remote support: Many vendors provide a web or mobile application version for remote accessibility. Agents use these tools to maintain tickets, record customer data, access the knowledge base, create & view reports, and perform other issue resolution activities from their smartphone, tablet, or PCs. This module allows the help desk representative to facilitate remote diagnosis and resolution with minimal customer involvement.
- Customization: Branding beholds relevance for many organizations. Most help desk software allows enterprises to customize their help desk so that it embeds the company logo or color. You can also build custom integrations on the help desk to supplement the functionality of your help desk system.
- Network monitoring and IT asset management: Asset management tools track the changes in the hardware and software configurations, while network monitoring supervises the health and functioning of servers and other network components. These functions are sometimes offered through incorporation with the IT Service Management tool.
- An email is a mundane way to keep track of emails: If each request becomes a string of emails, you and your customers will struggle to prioritize and respond to each message. Move the conversation from the inbox to service desk queues.
- Customers can help themselves: A service desk software solution offers different ways for customers to help themselves with common questions through FAQs or knowledge base.
- Prioritize important tickets or queries: Instead of using calendar reminders, sticky notes, or relying on email, a help desk system defines ticket priorities and requirements for questions.
- Oversee the strength of customer support
Help desk system can improve operations in five ways:
- Minimize work lag of employees.
- Automate issue prioritization, escalation, and resolution.
- Reduce human resource costs.
- Identify and address recurring problems.
- Provide transparency into every service request from creation to resolution.
- Improves Performance: A help desk management system monitors metrics like ticket volume, resolution time, customer satisfaction, and even individual agent performance.
- Performs more work in less time: This software can help in reducing the turnaround time and also the time for training needed by the support staff. Consequently, your support staff can become professionals in a shorter time. It benefits in a much speedier resolution of IT issues, which subsequently frees up your support staff to provide support to an even higher volume of employees.
- Streamlines the workflow: Support staff can also edge from help desk management software as their jobs become more comfortable. Besides, employees will receive service more effectively, and the wait time gets drastically reduced. Because the help desk system can store ticket history that allows the support staff to get better access to issues and take appropriate action accurately.
- High-yielding results: Help desk management software leverages the managers to monitor the performance of their members. Employees will be more productive with shorter periods of downtime, which is advantageous for the company as a whole.
- Incorporating social media: Recent surveys and reports have found that more than 50 percent of all social media users, especially Millennial, have sent customer service requests through Facebook, Twitter, and other social channels. As a result, companies require tools and resources for processing these issues just as they would ticket from any other channel. There is software in the market at one's disposal that can integrate with social media to automatically prioritize and route such requests.
- Gamifying the experience: Many companies are now developing tools to gamify the method of maintaining service desk employee engagement. These companies integrate with trouble ticket technology to reward agent productivity with redeemable points and other rewards. Workers gain a perspective of the accomplishment as they see their scores improve on leaderboards.
- Cloud Computing: A faster, cheaper, and better solution will soon be prevalent in the market. It provides the uptime and scaling issues in no time, improvising the CRM, customer support, and market automation. Cloud-based solutions have various advantages over on-premise solutions:
- Economical deployment
- Remote accessibility
- No hardware or maintenance costs
- Minimal data security issues
- Seamless product updates
- Affordable pricing
Cloud computing can provide a secure and sturdy architecture that will enhance the health of customer support eventually.
Freshservice is a cloud based ITIL Service Desk & IT Service Management (ITSM) solution that adds user experience on top of powerful Ticketing & Asset Management capabilities serving more than 20000 customers worldwide. View Profile
Jira is a issue tracking software, developed by Atlassian. It provides bug tracking, issue tracking, and project management feature for small, medium and large team.
LiveAgent is a fully equipped help-desk and live-chat software. LiveAgent enables you to streamline all your communication channels into one universal inbox which can be accessed by your whole customer support team.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. People interact with businesses every day across multiple channels like email, phone, live chat, and social media. Zendesk brings all this together in one beautifully simple help desk software platform, enabling you to create more meaningful and productive relationships with your customers.
Vitalize your IT service management practices with a robust ServiceNow ITSM solution to enhance the performance of your IT team, minimize IT expenses, and improve IT and business service availability.
Faveo is specifically designed to cater the needs of startups and SME’s empowering them with state of art, ticket based support system. In today’s competitive startup scenario customer retention is one of the major challenges.
ProProfs Help Desk Software is a cloud-based ticketing system designed to delight customers. Shared inbox, email-like interface, canned responses, collaborative email, ticket prioritization, issue tracking, reporting are crucial features of ProProfs Help Desk.
Vision Helpdesk is a customer support platform that offers different products to manage customer service for all size business. It is an all-in-one customer support help desk platform that enables you to manage various channels like calls, chat, email, web forms, Facebook, and Twitter under universal inbox.
EAMbrace is designed to help organizations of all size better manage its assets spread across various locations. It acts as a perfect IT service desk software.
Salesforce Essentials makes it easy for small businesses and startups build stronger customer relationships with an all-in-one sales and support solution that is easy to use, setup, and maintain - for just $25 per user per month.
ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus is a web-based, easy to use help desk and asset management software which integrates ticketing, asset tracking, purchasing, project management, contract management and knowledge base in one low-cost package.
SHD is a web-based software product used to track the detection, reporting and resolution of a problem. Trouble ticket system receives customer requests in the form of trouble tickets and then proceeds to verify, group.
Kiodesk is a online help desk software. As saas services is growing and online presence is increasing for businesses, Customer satisfaction is required for every company to retain their customer. Help desk software is helpful and required for every business.
SmartDesk is a service management tool that automates Incident Management, Change Management and Problem Management functions in a customer support environment. It offers trouble ticket logging and helps customer support agents to receive, process, and respond to such requests.
InvGate is web-based Service Desk Management software for small-medium size business. Service Desk integrates all the standard features you expect with new and game-changing advanced functionalities. Your own personal SaaS trial, hassle free in the cloud!
Kaseya VSA is an integrated IT systems management platform that can be leveraged seamlessly across IT disciplines to streamline and automate your IT services. Kaseya VSA integrates key management capabilities into a single platform.
Wolken Software is a privately held company with offices in Palo Alto, CA and Bangalore, India, helping modern organizations transform their relationships with customers and employees with our service management solutions.
Vivantio ITSM is a flexible and reliable tool that enhances efficiency. It has amazing features such as contract management, project management, release and deployment management. Vivantio is easy-to-use and provides excellent support to users.
Trackox is an Mobile Field Force Management Solution that helps manage your field operations in real-time. Trackox provides visibility from “the Road to the Board with features like jobs & scheduling, location & tracking, forms and more.
GTMS helps to manage queue in some organizations like Hospitals, clinic, service center etc. GTMS provides reports counter wise and center wise with graphical representation.
Wix Answers is the industry’s first cloud-based customer support solution that consolidates all support channels under the same platform so any business can deliver quality customer support, increase agent efficiency and boost customer satisfaction.
Expense management system provides automated end-to-end solution. The application provides Google distance which will help you to reconcile with claim. Employees can check the status of claim and payment.
Xpertscrm is a complete service industry management software. Which looks after your sales activities. You have to track everything in one single system like customer care, warranty, inventory and stock management, franchise management etc.
Alloy Navigator is a complete IT Service and Asset Management solution, based on ITIL and industry best practices, that offers an intuitive and easy-to-use approach to conducting Help Desk Ticketing, Software Licensing, Knowledge Management, Hardware and Software Auditing.
Service CRM 24x7 helps to manage the business needs of the service industry and gives them the simple and best way through versatile application to stay up with the all updates anywhere anytime.