Best School Management Software in 2020
Finding the best School Management Software for your business is now faster and easier! Compare prices, reviews, features, and get free consultation to find the perfect software.
A School Management System is designed to facilitate paperless administration of schools. School software has the ability to host modules which allow a user to maintain academic history of students, records, etc. which ultimately helps the staff, teachers to work in accord. It brings many different functions/departments in one system and provides all the relevant data in one place. Online school management system is also getting more prevalence. Web based school management software is more easy to use at any and every location, with no sacrifice in functionalities.
- Student Management: Student management system helps in keeping track of student registration process. A user can add, modify or view modules intended to ease registration and identify student’s background during the admission procedure.
- Academic Management: It provides all of the academic history of a student. It has modules which help in noting down the scoring of each and every student. Management can also keep a track of every student’s progress through a year. We can say that this module allows the user to see the knowledge level a student possesses through their grades.
- Inventory Management: This module helps the school to maintain its stock and their quantity as per the need. A user can keep their purchase details safely and it also helps in defining stationary stock level. Apart from that, the school management system also gives an indication as in when to order the new stock.
- Fee Management: The most important feature to any educational institute. It maintains a complete track of fees paid of all the students across the school. The module also offers a facility for producing, as well as canceling the fee receipts.
- Library Management: Enables a user to maintain the book list with the date of it being issued and date of it when the book is returned.
- Reports Management: This module allows a user to generate reports which maybe designed specifically to supply the needs of the institution.
- Payroll Management: It helps in maintaining the payroll for the staff.
- Notifications and Alerts: Students, teachers, staff, etc. Are informed of various activities and happenings through email/sms alerts.
- Timetable Management: School timetable software enables a user to automatically set the time table as per the rules set.
- Hostel Management: Hostel management system enables the feature of managing the school students living in the school premises i.e. Hostel, school management system manages the hostel activities such as room bookings etc.
- Attendance Management: School attendance management system track the daily attendance of the students and sort out the list of students coming under requirement list of attendance.
- Human Resource: Manage the human resource related data like payroll of staff, statutory compliances, and leave and attendance management of the staff.
- Online examination: Make it easy to examine the students using the online MCQ tests and record the results of students easily.
Schools need a good and full-fledged tool to ensure proper functioning and record management at every stage. Deploying comprehensive School Management Software is, therefore, a prerequisite these days. Through these, academic institutions can automate every school-related task.
A School Software may have administrators, teachers, students, managerial staff and other types of users, assigned with different capabilities. It should be able to manage the fee, library, admission, attendance, timetable, parent-teacher-student communication, and other related operations easily.
The major benefits of having fully-featured software for school are:
- Efficient Information management
An SMS or School management system can contain well-managed & non-redundant information about teachers, staff, students, and parents. The retrieval and updating this data is easier as compared to paper-based methods.
- Easy and Faster Communication
Notifying about the fee, library dues, parent teacher meetings, report cards, examinations, events and more is simple with these software modules.
- User-friendly and hassle free to use for teachers and parents
A good school portal is designed to engage teachers, parents, and students with its simple to use interface.
- Information Tracking
SMS makes it smooth for everyone to track attendance, fee submissions, examination schedules and more.
- Access from anyone
Most of the parents are too busy to visit the school. As the software for school management is generally mobile-friendly, they can access it from the phone also. This feature increases convenience from teachers and staff also.
With school management system, it is impossible to hide any necessary information from the users.
Some examples of better information flow are:
- Even if a student is absent, he/she can check examination schedule.
- Exam reports can be seen directly on the portal. Hence, manipulating parents with wrong details is not possible.
- Fee information remains error-free and available to every authorized person.
- Complaints and Query Management
Feedback management for students and parents is enhanced with the in-built complaint registration system.
Technology has simplified the procedure of doing everything and it has eased down the things for schools also.
Some other hard-to-ignore benefits of having efficient school management software are:
- Performs indirect School branding, as the parents will have the good impression of school in mind.
- Allows connecting with every small and big authority/part of school.
- May come integrated with a CMS (In this case, you’ll be able to handle website designing and promotion tasks from the SMS itself)
- It will improve the productivity of teachers as they don’t have to manage the side-tasks anymore.
- The information saved in SMS can be retrieved or edited from anywhere through mobiles, laptops or desktops enabled with the Internet.
- Complete automation of school processes allows easy tracking and at the same time, it gives better insights of the data to school management. Through this, decision-making can be improved.
- Employee and customer satisfaction increases.
- Enables the students to understand and use technology practically.
- Saves money for the schools by eliminating the expenses of stationery and human work.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1. Which capabilities should be present in a good School Management System?
Answer: An efficient software solution, developed to serve the academic institutes, should be able to handle the fee management, student/staff record management, attendance management, timetable scheduling, homework management, exam data management easily. Apart from this, it should be able to let the parents, administrative staff, teachers, and students communicate through it. Important notifications should be delivered to the emails and portal accounts of the SMS users.
Q2. How is the cost calculated for the schools?
Answer: The cost of using such software is generally calculated according to the number of users, registered to the portal. So, the schools will be charged on the ‘per-user’ basis.
Q3. What’s the minimum requirement to start using a Software for School?
Answer: Be it a primary school or secondary school, or even a university, having an SMS integrated to their managerial system allows better information management and circulation. So, the minimal requirement is to have a school with some users to reach and update the system.
Q4. What are the types of these solutions, available in the market?
Answer: Currently, School Software modules are on offline type as well as of online type. Cloud solutions are also available.
Q5. Which of these types will be the best for our academic institute?
Answer: It is advisable for the big schools and colleges to go for the online or the best, for cloud-based solutions. If your school is operating at a very small level, online and offline solutions can be considered as your choice.
Q6. Is it hard to use a School Management Software?
Answer: Not at all. These software systems are designed keeping the user convenience in mind. Anyone, who has some knowledge of operating computers, can use them.
Q7. What’s the proficiency needed to such software? Do we need to give special training to our staff?
Answer: Computer literacy is needed but it’s not required for you to be an expert in operating computers. It will take some hours to understand the whole working mechanism of the school management software.
Tally.ERP 9 is a business accounting software for accounting, inventory, payroll management. It is economical and one of the most popular ERP software solutions available in the industry. You can download free version of Tally.ERP 9.
MyClassCampus is an All in One ERP solution with one of the Most Advanced Mobile Apps to help institutes operate most effectively. It has 40+ highly advanced yet easy to use Modules. Don't miss an opportunity to get a 7 day free demo.
Edisapp ERP is a simple, powerful, and flexible academic ERP specifically designed for schools with the industry’s most comprehensive set of features, future-ready technology and data security. Edisapp is 100% customizable and comes with school branded mobile apps.
Web-based gradebook and school management system for individual teachers, schools, and districts. Free subscription for individual teachers and 30 days free trial for schools and districts.
School 365 provides a holistic end-to-end solution for managing educational institutions. One important feature of School 365 is that it can be customized to suit the educational institute requirements. In addition, it ensures high security of complete data of your school.
With more than 15 modules, SchoolPro is a school management software that manages every aspect of educational institutions. It is customizable and user-friendly. Besides, all the modules are in compliant with CBSE schooling rules and State Board.
SIPSNITYA is a fully featured School Management Software designed to serve SMEs, Agencies. SIPSNITYA provides end-to-end solutions designed for Web App. This online School Management system offers Classroom Management, Curriculum Management, Progress Reports, Attendance Tracking, Student Information / Records at one place.
SchoolTonic is web based school management software which designed to facilitate paperless administration of schools.It has the ability to maintain academic history of students, staffs, various records, etc.
CLOBAS is a cloud-based campus management system designed to help educational institutions accelerate growth and enhance their operational efficiency.
EDUMAAT is a comprehensive education management solution that seamlessly integrates different departments of a school. It provides an interface that is well-defined in terms of access controls and workflow-based design. More importantly, it is easy to operate with very little training.
Academics ERP is a school management software that is designed to serve the needs of academic institutions. From assigning tasks to managing fees structure, and automating inventory management, it does it all. It offers more than 10+ modules for you to choose from.
Fedena is a multipurpose school management software which is used by thousands of educational institutions worldwide for all administration, management and learning related activities.
Academia is a complete enterprise solution for universities, colleges, schools and training institutions looking to automate their Academic and Administrative processes. It helps automate and manage the entire campus operations, administration, and learning needs.
A revolutionary system, Jupsoft eConnext-K12 is a school management software designed especially for institutions from Kindergarten to 12th grade. It streamlines all operations to enable the systematic and easy workflow of daily administration, thereby reducing paperwork.
HDSchool is a school management system which offers a robust set of features, such as course management, payroll, and more. The software is extremely easy to use as it has an intuitive interface. Plus, you can easily create, edit, and share time tables.
Illumine helps you simplify administration, publish content, manage inquiries streamline observations, and improve planning. It's time for a better childcare management platform.
eduWare is a multipurpose school management software system which is used by more than 100 plus educational institutes on the worldwide level. It is designed with the aim to give schools the best software to handle all their administrative activities with ease and accuracy, whilst saving them lots of time & efforts.
Carefully designed, MMI Vidya-Dhan is a full-fledged software that takes care of almost every aspect of school management. It is well-integrated with mobile apps compatible with Android and IOS operating system for easy access to the system.
IOLITE is a paperless school automation software solution for today’s modern schools. School management system produces the facility to carry out all day to day activities of the school, give them fast, simple, effective and accurate.
One of the leading school software, Flip Scool is a one-stop solution for all schools, colleges, or universities. It reduces the job roles of the school administration by about 60%. Not only schools, but it can also be used by parents, teachers, librarians, and accountants.
A web-based state-of-the-art product that covers all aspects of operations and management of educational institutions. This school management software helps to keep track of all administrative tasks without the need for an additional software. It helps in improving operational effectiveness and brings down administrative costs.
eSkoool is one of the product of LK Infotech Pvt Ltd. eSkoool aim is to provide institute a platform where all the day to day function can be managed easily and systematically. its easy to use without any technical knowledge.
Advedu In is the Most Efficient, Dynamic and Versatile School Management Software and Mobile application that manages all school related activities. Along with this it also manage Institute and College through its Versatile and Dynamic Behaviour.
iCampusHUB, can be defined as all-in-one School/College management system software that is specifically designed and developed to simplify Administrative, Academic and Financial management of a School / College.
Chanakya ERP is a multipurpose school/college management software used by many educational institutions. It is simple, powerful and reliable. It is designed to meet the unique and varying needs of schools, colleges, coaching centers, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
An efficient software solution, developed to serve the academic institutes, should be able to handle the fee management, student/staff record management, attendance management, timetable scheduling, homework management, exam data management easily. Apart from this, it should be able to let the parents, administrative staff, teachers, and students communicate through it. Important notifications should be delivered to the emails and portal accounts of the SMS users.
The cost of using such software is generally calculated according to the number of users, registered to the portal. So, the schools will be charged on the ‘per-user’ basis.
Be it a primary school or secondary school, or even a university, having an SMS integrated to their managerial system allows better information management and circulation. So, the minimal requirement is to have a school with some users to reach and update the system.
Currently, School Software modules are in offline type as well as of online type. Cloud solutions are also available.
It is advisable for the big schools and colleges to go for the online or the best, for cloud-based solutions. If your school is operating at a very small level, online and offline solutions can be considered as your choice.
Not at all. These software systems are designed keeping the user convenience in mind. Anyone, who has some knowledge of operating computers, can use them.
Computer literacy is needed but it’s not required for you to be an expert in operating computers. It will take some hours to understand the whole working mechanism of the school software.