List of Best Payroll Outsourcing Service Providers for Small Business
Finding the best Payroll Outsourcing Services for your business is now faster and easier! Compare prices, reviews, features, and get free consultation to find the perfect software.
Organizations may collaborate with an external firm to handle all their payroll functions to save valuable time and money – this is known as payroll outsourcing services. This decreases the need for in-house trained payroll staff members, and there is also no requirement to purchase or maintain appropriate software packages. Payroll service company can also help businesses stay compliant with the latest rules and regulations put forth with respect to payroll processing for small businesses.
Payroll processing is generally the first service that organizations decide to outsource. Any company can gain a massive number of business advantages through outsourcing the payroll processing to an external service provider.
So why should you go in for Payroll Outsourcing? Well here's why:
- Focus only on your ‘business’: Payroll is one of those important tasks that do not contribute to your sales directly. You cannot ignore the endless stream of laws that require absolute compliance when it comes to matters of payroll. But you might not always be updated with the recent legislative updates. So that means, despite sapping up your attention and time, matters regarding payroll can hurtle your business down a destructive path.
With payroll outsourcing services, you are left to focus only on things that really matter and require your attention. It enables you to make plans that will allow your business to improve, rather than getting stuck processing payrolls or managing appointments. By freeing up your time, you might gain a greater value out of that time, compared to what you are paying. What does that imply in the long run? It means you are always one step ahead of your competitors who are stuck on these mundane tasks.
- Access to top-notch expertise and technology: There is no good reason to manage payrolls in-house. By outsourcing payroll solution to a good and reputed company, you can avail the benefits of latest technology and expertise, without spending an extra dime! Employers rely on latest, changing technology trends to operate efficiently. As the number of employees grows, so does the complexity of reporting and record keeping. These employees expect transparency and efficient technological use, through options like direct deposit or self-service access to payroll online information.
If you start handling all these payroll requests yourself, you’ll end up doing just this throughout the day, while your business seeps away. Outsourcing helps you gain access to the best of technology, which is used efficiently by trained experts. What would take you hours, might just take them a few minutes with the latest technology at their disposal and their arsenal of expertise!
- Cut down major costs and reduce risks: Latest technology and software packages are required to manage payrolls efficiently. In addition, you would also need to hire support staff to help you in managing payrolls. While hiring, experts can go a long way to help you, but that option is almost always more expensive than outsourcing payroll. Moreover, an adept payroll provider can offer capabilities that go beyond what you can fathom, or do on your own. At much cheaper prices!
- Avoid IRS penalties due to payroll errors: Legal requirements surrounding taxes, overtime payments, calculating employee’s portion of taxes, filing at local and state levels, unemployment compensation, wage and hour laws, to name a few, may take up more time than you wish to spare. In spite of all your efforts, you might still find your business embroiled in a dispute resolution, causing unnecessary complications, especially for small business owners.?
- Keep up with Legal regulations: Experts in payroll handling companies make it their job to keep themselves updated on the matters of legislation. With their expertise at your behest, you’ll save yourself a lot of legal proceedings and at the same time keep up with constantly changing regulations, rates, and government forms.
- Alleviate a source of a headache: At the end of the day, you might decide not to outsource payrolls. To aid you in the task, you train an in-house Accountant. Once trained, the accountant may decide that it’s time to leave your company in search of a better job! You’ll have to go through the entire training process all over again. Acquiring the latest versions of technology regularly and manually handling payrolls can become a nightmare. By outsourcing payroll, you are buying some snippets of peace. And that itself makes it worthwhile.
- Offer direct deposits: As mentioned earlier, employees now expect direct deposits. It saves them the inconvenience of going to banks at the end of each month. Direct deposits also eliminate the step of paper handling (time-consuming and error-prone) along with the need to reconcile at the end of every month. Outsourcing payroll makes this an easy-to-achieve possibility.?
One of the toughest decisions for organizations is to take a call whether they should outsource their payroll requirements or go for in-house payroll processing. While both have their advantages, it may be beneficial for your organization to undertake a detailed study before taking a final decision.
With an outsourced payroll solutions provider, all the payroll information is captured on printed forms and sent to the external payroll providers. The main parent organization has no direct access to the underlying application or payroll calculations and will end up with complete paychecks. The external payroll processing provider manages the data entry, financial calculations, payroll check processing, and other activities in a comprehensive manner.
On the other hand, with an in-house payroll team, you have a unified solution that is fully accessible to your payroll staff members. Your payroll processing team captures all employee data in your internal systems, and your payroll staff manages the entire payroll process, right from data entry to funding and remittance.
To help you to design the best payroll service for your small business, here are a few important questions you might want to ask:
- Which are the steps in your current payroll processing system that causes the most difficulty? How much detailed time and effort do these steps cost your company?
- What is the impact of risk, if any that your existing payroll processes pose to your organization?
- Is your organization ready to hand over the control of sensitive and valuable information to an external outsourcing provider?
- How would outsourcing payroll services impact your organization’s ability to budget and forecast salary-related information accurately?
Payroll processing is one of the most tedious back-end office tasks and outsourcing it can bring about tremendous advantages for your organization. These are some of the benefits that your company can accrue through outsourcing payroll services:
- Time Savings: Payroll system handled internally is a hugely time-consuming process. It takes a lot of effort to keep track of benefit deductions, documentation, new recruits, and terminations, paid time off as well as state regulatory changes. Outsourcing the payroll services to an external provider allows managers to focus on their core business services and frees them to work more on critical strategic tasks that could ultimately affect the ultimate bottom line.
- Reduced Costs: The massive costs associated with managing payroll in-house can be significantly reduced by outsourcing payroll to a specialized external agency. While big business organizations can afford to maintain self-sustained payroll departments, small-mid sized organizations may find it difficult to manage the expenses associated with internal payroll processing.
- Avoid IRS Penalties: Your organization is legally responsible for any particular cases of misrepresentation or a failure to accurately report taxes to the requisite government agencies. Any mistakes may lead to audits and penalties which are situations that no business wants or needs. In any country, Government rules and laws are constantly changing and small businesses can’t always be aware of these changes. Outsourcing the payroll function can help your organization be compliant with governmental regulations and avoid any kind of penalties.
- Better Security: Payroll system is a complicated and possibly risky business service. Even with a long time trusted workforce, there is always a high risk of data theft, misappropriation of funds, or altering with company documents for personal gain. Online payroll solution providers for small businesses offer a safe option for managing confidential payroll information. The market is now flooded with quality payroll service providers that invest in state-of-the-art software for storing and shielding data, making sure that organizational sensitive information is not leaked or misappropriated.?
Choosing the right payroll solution for your business organization can be a challenging task. However, asking these essential questions will surely guide you and keep you on the right track so that the right decision can be taken for maximum organizational benefit:
- Which outsourcing payroll processing company will suit your organizational requirements?
- What will additional support be provided by the payroll provider? Will the company provide the required support via phone calls, email, and live chat?
- Is the external payroll solution provider absolutely confident about the complete security of organizational sensitive data and what steps will they take to prevent any loss of payroll-related information?
- Who will have the permission to access the payroll information of your company?
- Can the payroll service provider customize their value offerings to suit your exact business requirements? Will the hired payroll outsourcing company offer your organization the freedom to manage your account flexibly?
- Who are the clients of the external payroll provider and are they happy with their experience?
- What is the subscription fee for the payroll processing company? Are there any hidden or repetitive costs?
- Is the external payroll processing company using the most advanced technological tools? Is their platform technically sound and is there scope to scale up the operations if required?
- Does the outsourcing payroll processing provider for small businesses include any useful add-ons?
- Is there a clearly defined service level agreement between the outsourced payroll solution firm and your organization? Will the company respond quickly to support calls and fix errors for better functionality?
If you are a first timer in outsourcing the payroll processing of your organization to an external service provider, these important buying tips may help you:
- Look for a Stable Provider: Make sure to choose a market leader in online payroll outsourcing services that have a good reputation and satisfied client list. To ensure long-term stability, a payroll service provider should ideally sustain at least hundred clients that are availing their services.
- Ensure the Finances Are in Order: It is important to be completely thorough in appraising the first paychecks issued through the payroll outsourcing service as well as the finances paid to cover legal tax obligations.
- Evaluate the Pricing over Time: Make sure that you are not swayed by payroll outsourcing services that waive off initial charges upon sign-up. This is because very often the prices go up or start accruing after around six months to a year of payroll service. So keep a keen eye on pricing and always do a detailed market comparison to gain maximum financial benefit for your business organization.
"Business is all about people." Having a satisfied and motivated workforce is the key to achieving success in any kind of business. Employees work hard to ensure your business runs seamlessly. So, it is essential to pay them appropriately. In addition to wages, you also need to pay accurate taxes to the state on a regular basis, to continue running your operations. These payroll tax laws are subject to frequent changes, which makes payroll processing difficult and you often find your business penalized for payroll errors.
It is easy to understand that payroll is a crucial part of any business organization. Despite its importance, it is an undisputed fact that payrolls chug up huge amounts of time that could be devoted to other more important business matters. To avoid this mundane task from clogging up your schedule, "outsourcing" has emerged as a significant alternative to eliminate the difficulties and challenges of payroll processing.
Qtac Payroll Products is one of the UK's leading developers of payroll software. Intuitive payroll software products for today's market. Qtac's payroll software packs in essential features crucial in today's business markets and is used Everyday by thousands of UK companies ensuring employees are paid accurately, on time, every time.
Moorepayhr is a comprehensive HR and Payroll Solution. It is specially designed for small and medium sized businesses. It means that whether you have a few employees or hundreds, you get the level of support you need and you’re not paying for anything you don’t.
AcoBloom International is a leading Accounts and Tax outsourcing company in India, Delivering outsourced accounting services to UK Accounting firms. Managed Solutions, Faster TAT, 10+ Years Experience and Cost effective.
HRMantra is one of the most powerful payroll outsourcing services that offers a comprehensive set of payroll processing features. What sets it apart is that you can easily customize the system to fit into the most complicated pay calculations.
Keka is the best HR software for businesses of all sizes. It is the only Payroll & HRMS software that is employee-centric. Unlike traditional HRMS solutions, it is a modern new generation platform focused on user experience and simplifying complex workflows.
It is one of the best cloud based payroll software for small business. It is designed to help organizations to manage their employee's data. This software also allows for easy calculation of the full and final settlements. It is user-friendly best payroll system that provides 100% accuracy. It delivers to high-quality software service on a 24 x 7 basis.
Accurate payroll, compliances & employee benefits for India in seconds. Customize CTC plans, Flexi-pay, & enable complete employee self-serve. Don’t spend a week every month on payroll anymore. Too good to be true? See for yourself but get ready to be blown away.
Oorwin Hire eases down the recruitment process for human resource management. It handles interview management, candidate ranking, and other recruitment activities in no time. This HR software is a time saver which Accelerate screening customizes recruitment process and workflow with smart recruitment analytics.
24HRM is an all-in-one payroll outsourcing service that aims to simplify all your HR management needs. From payroll processing to the filing of taxes and attendance tracking, it does it all. Besides, it comes with an interactive dashboard for ease of use.
HROne Complete HR Software is a powerful payroll system that is best suited for large enterprises. It automates every HR-related process, including payroll management and simplifying employee interaction. It can also provide actionable insights for better strategies.
sumHR is one of the best payroll outsourcing service providers in India that is best suited for small- to- medium-sized companies and startups. It takes care of the complete payroll system of an organization, such as complicated calculations, statutory compliances, and more.
Cloud Based HR Software | HRMS | HRIS
Best payroll outsourcing software securely in 3 simple steps with ADP Vista HCM – a highly configurable and secure cloud based HR software designed for small to large businesses. With us, you can generate all the necessary HR & payroll reports like payslips, tax slips, form-16 & 24Q, PF, ESI, PT and LWF.
Wallet HR is a comprehensive payroll outsourcing service that offers both on-premise and cloud-based payroll software. Some of its robust functionalities include core HR activities, leave management, recruitment management, and more.
Zoho Payroll offers cloud-based payroll services for managing payroll solutions such as employee onboarding, payroll processing, employee self-service portal and adheres to statutory compliance. Try Zoho Payroll with our 30-day free trial.
#1 Employee Experience Platform | Zimyo HRMS is a human resource management solution that empowers organizations to manage and retain great talent!
Centralize your HR process across your multi-branch organization. Timelabs is the preferred next generation Web Based comprehensive HR Management System for SOHO, SME & Enterprise to centralize attendance, leave & payroll over the web.
H - Human Effort, R - Reasonable Pricing, F - Filled with Features, A - Accurate Record Management, S- Super Quick, T - Tracking Online Managing payroll is a big hassle in every organization. HRFAST is the multipurpose payroll software for all business.
Alt Payroll is a cloud-based payroll management solution streamlines payroll and compliance administration for your organization. From automated processes, DIY Configuration support, report builder, and AI-Powered query mechanism and managing statutory compliance.
factoHR is an award-winning Best HR Platform trusted by 1000+ Companies which includes Tata Steel BSL, DENSO, Cycle Agarbatti, BSE, Murugappa, and many others. factoHR empowers 1 Million+ Employees globally.
Webpay is a fully-featured payroll outsourcing service provider in India that comes with affordable pricing. From recruitment to employee management, and handling flexible benefits plans, it can fit right into any industry.
PeopleApex is a simple and effective payroll processing service provider that comes power-packed with all the modules essential to run the HR system. It offers innovative payroll solutions that include robust reporting and dashboards and workforce management.
Horizon HR is a Cloud based HR Payroll Service which provides unmatchable services with customer centric approach. This software offers benefits such as efficient management of staff data, secure financial transactions, and detailed reports on employee payroll. It also offers accurate and on-time compliance, a well-designed user interface and easy to go search functionality.
Invoay Software is built with a vision to cater the larger segment of Salon, Spa, and Wellness industry who is still struggling to find a simple, easy to use and most important and an economical software.
Ultimate provides cloud base all the strategic HR functionality in one solution. This delivers most flexible, functional payroll engine. Can track all of the employee personal info, benefits information, performance management and more.
Organizations across the world trust ApHusys for handling their sensitive HR data. Your data and our application are both tightly monitored and heavily secured. Streamline tasks, Reduce administrative costs and Improve communication across your enterprise. With ApHusys, information is delivered anytime, anywhere directly to you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Payslip generation is the basic function. However, it’s better to get a clarification about the useful add-ons included in the service package.
It varies from company to company. Most payroll service providers prefer to have long-term contracts. But you can always cancel the contract on a one-month notice time.
The payroll outsourcing cost on a monthly basis varies from $40 to $160, whereas yearly costs range from $1,000 to $6,000. Price varies depending on the number of employees and the services available.
Yes, absolutely. It has been seen that payroll outsourcing costs less than maintaining a specialist in-house team.
Yes, a good HR payroll outsourcing company has a team dedicated to staying up-to-date with the changing regulations. It ensures that you remain tax-compliant and manage your fillings and payments.
Payroll Outsourcing software in following industries
- Accounting & CPA
- Government Agencies
- Government Contractors
- Marketing Services
- Maintenance & Field Service
- Real Estate
- Software & Technology
- Customer Service