Top Hospital Management System Software for Your Hospital
Finding the best Hospital Management Software for your business is now faster and easier! Compare prices, reviews, features, and get free consultation to find the perfect software.
In the highly commercialized healthcare industry requirement of a convergent management application is felt more urgently than before. The hospital management system software is a tailor-made application designed to cater to the complex business requirements of a hospital, nursing home and healthcare institutions in keeping track of inpatient, outpatient, doctor availability, medical billing, etc. These are highly specialized software designed to take care of all aspects of a hospital operation.
Today healthcare is a rapidly growing industry which means it's experiencing a high growth rate in terms of service provided. A central management system works in tandem with the different platforms like sales, billing, accounting, customer care etc. to create a convergent, integrated environment that produces results in real-time.
- Hospital software is a central database that stores information related to inpatient, outpatient, doctors etc.
- Hospital management system offers records in real-time to check the availability of beds, inventory, doctor charges, scheduling of doctor appointment and more
- POS and billing application to ensure correct and efficient billing with no delay
- Maintain proper medical and other records and thus, facilitates documentation
- Helps hospitals in maintaining transparency at every level of operation
- It offers a multi-user facility which ensures that multiple users can access to the hospital billing software at the same time.
- Offers efficient staff management and allocation of doctor and staff duty
Hospital management system software has become an essential tool for hospital management. Hospital information system allows healthcare institutions to manage their operation and serve patients better. Several of these hospital software work both as hosted application and desktop application. Some vendors also allow significant customization of the application suited to meet the intrinsic requirements of the client’s business. There are now several such hospital management applications are available in the market, like – PulsePlus. It is fully customizable, web-based Electronic Medical Record software (EMRS) designed for students.
Hospital management software, as the name suggests, is a tool that helps the different departments of a health care agency to manage the operation from a single platform. The hospital management system is designed as a comprehensive tool to take care of all aspects of a healthcare agency’s business, like – all businesses need to track sales and leads generated from different sources. CRM software that helps agencies keeping track of their marketing activities and sales through efficient customer database management, prospect management, pipeline management, etc.
Hospital software often performs as a central database system to store real-time information on inpatient, outpatient, doctors, inventories, bed allocation and more. As a user logs into the hospital information system he/she can access all important details pertaining to offer better service to a patient.
Most vendors nowadays offer fully configurable and customizable software tools that can be tweaked and upgraded to client’s specific business needs, i.e. new modules can be designed or modified to allow customers operate their businesses better through the software. These hospital management systems are designed to blend seamlessly with an existing set-up, which means these would integrate with the existing platform to create convergent management environment.
This application is aimed at managing all aspects of hospital operation and has the following distinct features.
- Functions as a database to store all patients related information – inpatient as well as an outpatient on real-time
- Managing patient records and asserting data security and confidentiality
- Manages the availability of doctors and scheduling appointment
- Staff management and allocation of duties
- Managing laboratory equipment
- Managing ward and bed allocation
- Inventory management with the timely warning system for stock refurbishment
- Accounting and correct billing
- Lead management and appointment management functions
- Multiple user accessibilities for efficient all-around performance
- The data is updated and stored in real-time
- Ensures data security and prevents misuse of information
- Hospital software Provides complete history on a patient regarding the past and current treatments being offered
- Helps with documentation as required by internal laws
- Offers transparency and integration between different departments and ensure the smooth functioning of a complex hospital environment
- As a convergent platform, a hospital management system integrates between different existing set-up
- Reporting is another important feature of a management application. It produces various types of accounting and other reports
The important factor in selecting the right hospital software is to understand and analyze internal business requirements. There are applications which are suitable to meet requirements of middle-level and large organizations, whereas some are good for managing small institutions.
Hospital management software is a set of services aimed at creating a unified work system of all medical departments. It should meet the requirements of the healthcare centers as a whole and integrate the work of all medical arena.
A powerful healthcare software can organize the whole major functional area of a multi-specialty hospital with its several modules. Some of the crucial modules include:
1. In- and Out-Patient Management
Hospitals are the most complex healthcare units with different and huge departments to look after the patients. Keeping track of both in- and out-patient — records of admission, rooms, consultants, surgeons, billing, and more needs co-ordination among both medical and non-medical departments. This module eases out the whole process by efficiently managing and combining all departments needs together.
- Provides instant access when it comes to admission of patients and availability of beds
- Enables doctors to take better care of their patient by having fast access to patient’s information. It allows them to make timely diagnosis and treatment decisions
- Patient visits can be easily categorized into new and revisit
- Manages new requests and results of laboratory tests and other examinations
- Automates day-to-day administrative activities such as generating unique admission number for each patient
- Easily manage discharges and transfers as well
- Creates and manages invoice, payment due, and advance payment
- Generates reports daily, monthly, yearly or by date with ease
2. Doctor Management
Doctor module is another important module of hospital management software that helps gather full information about the services of doctors. It allows the doctor to diagnose patient, assign treatment procedure and test, and generate a prescription for the same.
- Enables doctors to record patient symptoms, allergies, and give treatment details
- Allows them to keep track of their appointments schedule
- Keep records of inpatients and outpatients under their care
- Access to drug database to write a prescription
3. Pharmacy Management
Using healthcare software, hospitals can build up a database of drug care history. Pharmacy module automates the general workflow, thus improving the accuracy, safety, and performance of pharmacy.
- Takes care of drug distribution and management of inventory — reorder, refill, and hold capabilities
- Easily retrieve, review, revise, and print patient profile and prescription history
- Conducts the distribution of medicines to the patient more effectively
- Makes the whole process of issuance of medicines fast and reliable
- Reduces workload by linking patient’s pharmacy billing to the main billing and automatically transferring the amount
4. Laboratory Management
Laboratory module of hospital management software seamlessly streamlines the workflow of diagnostic centers/pathology laboratories — right from raising a test request to reporting the results to the concerned doctor or department of the hospital.
- Effectively performs lab tasks — specimen sample collection, requisite test and results entry
- Easily track the status of the test and update about the same
- Sends out system alerts in case the doctor requires an urgent lab test result
- Generates billing for both inpatients and outpatients
- Sends out SMS/email to patients when results are available
- Maintain external laboratories list and also offer a detailed view of all the samples sent out to other laboratories
5. Staff, HR & Payroll Management
Allows registering of each and every staff members of the hospital. Complete payout structure can be determined and processed using hospital management software. Moreover, the consultant doctors can be cataloged with a separate block of consultants making it easy to access the database.
6. Reception Management
Reception module as a service unit of hospital management software automates the daily activities of the front office of the center. It assists in carrying out the day-to-day operation in an effective manner by handling patients/doctors related queries, the timing of the consultant, patient room search, etc. It improves the quality of services provided to the users.
7. Operation Theatre Management
Hospital management software should be able to keep track of all type of surgeries or operations that take place in the hospital. Operation theatre module allows for scheduling theatres, recording the operation details, maintaining equipment details, and other related services. Furthermore, one can easily search through a patient’s details who has gone through operation before. It includes their operation type, room number, and date of the surgery.
8. Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
EMR module is designed to eliminate paperwork from the hospital and improve clinical productivity. It provides access to relevant information about patients and removes any loops in communication by integrating the entire system. Thus, hospital management software can provide high-quality, cost-effective, and efficient patient care.
9. MIS Reports
Management information system report is one of the most important modules of hospital management software. It allows for analyzing and monitoring of each department by the top management of the hospital.
Healthcare industry is taking a leap towards a digitalized world. Technological trends in healthcare are focused on bringing real-time results. Today, medical institutions rely on big data and analytics to treat a health problem with more responsibility and take better care of their patients. Some of the technological trends in healthcare that is going to be dominant in 2020 are:
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
AI is transforming the healthcare industry. It has several implications on various fields of the healthcare industry such as clinical trials, wellness management, disease management, diagnosis and treatment, patient engagement, and monitoring of the patient.
In hospitals, AI helps to make an accurate diagnosis based on a patient’s EHR information. AI analyzes all information, symptoms, and past treatments to envision the health problem of the patient and solve it. For these reasons, it is essential to integrate AI technology to the hospital management software or the healthcare app today to stay relevant in the future.
Internet of Medical Things (IoMT)
The Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) means various devices are connected to each other through the internet. It is used for remote monitoring of patients’ well-being through the means of wearables, thereby reducing the costs of healthcare solutions. IoMT is contributing sensors and systems to capture data and deliver it accurately. It allows doctors to analyze and predict health trends.
Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality (AR/VR)
AR and VR offer feasible solutions to many challenges of the health care system. These technologies are revolutionizing the healthcare industry. It can be easily implemented in various areas such as medical training and general diagnostics. They improve the overall patient experience and make it less problematic by adding navigating features among other things. For instance, AR can help the patient to keep track of their vital stats and stay tuned with their therapy progress in a more engaging manner. It is also used my specialist in mental health to treat patients who can’t come to the medical centre for the usual treatment.
Telehealth is the use of digital information and communication technologies, such as computers and mobile devices, to remotely monitor patients’ health. Thus, it helps improve health care access and outcomes, especially for chronic disease treatment. It reduces the demands on crowded facilities and makes the health sector more resilient.
Telehealth technology trend will help patients become more engaged with routine checkups and will form a stronger relationship with their doctors.
One of the biggest challenge of healthcare software IT is to create highly valuable virtual records of patients and transparency between drug manufacturers and customers.
The blockchain technology advantage is that it enhances security, interoperability, and protects privacy breaches. In short, it places the patient at the core of the healthcare ecosystem. It helps manage endless data including insurance claims, patient health information, and electronic health records and keeps them safe and secured.
Overall, these cutting-edge technologies embedded in healthcare software are heading towards enhances patient care, preventive care, cost-effectiveness, and big data processing.
Health care is a crucial service that needs dealing with heaps of documents, papers, forms, etc. As healthcare as an industry is rapidly growing, the volume and cost of document management are steadily increasing too. Not only it requires an efficient hospital information system but is also crucial for streamlining the daily operation of the institution.
In most part of the world hospital, nursing homes and healthcare institutions are highly regulated regarding documentation and management. Hospital management software is a complete tool that manages all aspect of administrative, management as well as the marketing of a hospital to allow them and doctors to serve better. Following are the major advantages of virtual hospital software in today’s evolving healthcare industry.
- Marketing and Sales: A hospital needs an efficient hospital management system that will track its marketing and sales performance. It is designed as a comprehensive system to track all leads generated from all sources and deliver it on a consolidated platform. Similarly, the software doubles as a point of sales software that records patient’s details and transaction histories for future references and in turn plays an important role in determining increasing sales volume. An efficient inquiry system will save precious time and effort by offering consolidated information.
- Accounting and Administrative: The second most important purpose that hospital software satisfies is the tracking of accounting and financial transaction. It helps hospitals maintaining transparency and therefore facilitates auditing. It functions as a central repository of patient’s records offering real-time data on a convergent platform and thus helping hospitals in abiding by data security and confidentiality rules set by authorities.
Currently, there is a great deluge of hospital management software and similar tools. And hence, it is important to select the software application appropriate for your complex business requirements. If we are to made a few suggestions those will be Visual Hospital Management, Medismart, Elixir, etc.
Tally.ERP 9 is a business accounting software for accounting, inventory, payroll management. It is economical and one of the most popular ERP software solutions available in the industry. You can download free version of Tally.ERP 9.
MocDoc HMS digitises all transactions, documents, medical records in Hospitals and Clinics eliminating paper work altogether and provides an online platform that connects General Public with Doctors providing real time, authentic information relevant to their need.
Customizable hospital management system software
Easily manage all aspects of hospital operations in an automated manner using the eHospital a highly-scalable HMS software. It includes a wide array of useful modules like patient registration, radiology management, pharmacy management, and more.
On-premise as well as cloud-based HMS software
MediXcel EMR is a hospital management software designed to ease the whole process of managing medical records electronically. It also provides action plan management to monitor workflow and improve adherence. View Profile
Best hospital software for your diagnostic centre
LiveHealth is an HMS software which is commonly used in labs and diagnostic centres. It automates and manages all workflows from making appointments, online payments, and customizing reports in any formats thereby increasing productivity.
A user-friendly hospital database management system
SoftClinic is a high-quality hospital management system software which provides solutions to small and big hospitals. It comes with a variety of integrated modules for patient registration, appointment scheduling, admission, operation, billing, and reporting.
CCPL is an information technology company offering Computer software, IT services and IT consulting to our clients worldwide. We have 9 + years of domain expertise in healthcare processes & hospital management software system and a huge global client base.
Aarogya is a hospital Management Software that is specifically designed to manage hospital operations. It has a diverse range of advanced features, an intuitive interface, and provides excellent customer support.
A Web-based hospital software system
Uniwide Hospital Information System automates all activities of medical centers and optimizes all departmental procedures efficiently. Both the staff and patients can easily extract the required medical record and data properly without consuming much time.
EAMbrace is designed to help organizations of all size better manage its assets spread across various locations. It acts as a perfect fixed asset register software.
Win apps Hospital management software does it smoothly for you. Our hospital management software is the all-in-one Hospital management software that keeps track of everything that is from staff details to patient history.
GeniPluse HMS is install based, the most robust, paperless and comprehensive solution for the hospital. The cost is affordable. By this hospital management software, you can Streamline the workflow, manage patient's data, OPD, IPD to doctor's schedule with very accurately.
aceHealth is Low Cost Effective Hospital Management Software Solution designed for Doctors, Nurses and Front Office Personnel to manage clinical information. It is a comprehensive cloud based workflow solution to meet on Demand business requirement.
MediSmart Hospital Management System provides the benefits of streamlined operations, enhanced administration & control, superior patient care, strict cost control and improved profitability. Hospital software provides relevant information across the hospital to support effective decision making.
Administrator Plus an integrated new generation hospital management software which converges latest technology and your administrative process to manage work process within the hospital. This is designed for multi-speciality hospitals, to cover a wide range of Hospital administration and management processes.
Early days approaches encompass paper-based information processing as well as resident work position and mobile data acquisition and presentation. The customizable alert system sends the text or email and improves the quality of patient care.
Hospital management software by Visual Infosoft Pvt. Ltd. is all you needs in computerizing your Hospital & clinic. Hospital management system is very accurate in its approach and suit all environments including large, medium or small size hospitals. HMS enables hospitals and doctors to better serve their patients.
Amrita HIS is a 100% web-based, J2EE based, seamlessly integrated, one-stop solution for the healthcare industry. The proven HIS suite has EMR as its central foundation so is completely Patient Centric and has all the needful worldwide certifications in Healthcare IT. AHIS can cater to all sizes of Hospitals.
Best in Class Healthcare Management System in One Rupee for Hospitals, Clinics, Pharmacy, Labs, Blood Bank, Medical Inventory, etc.. Free 30 days trail.
Sara Technologies Pathology management software is complete system facilitates various users for Doctors management, Patients Management, Billing and reporting of all types of pathology lab centers. Hospitals with pathology management and pathology or diagnostic centers can manage their daily record keeping and data storage process with Pathology Management Software.
Mediware HIS (Hospital Information System) is a comprehensive suite of software applications functionally made for managing the unstructured information and uncontrolled processes in multiple areas in a hospital. Mediware is a complete Hospital management software solution for your healthcare business.
SIMPLEX HIMES is an enterprise class Hospital Management System. It's an ecosystem comprises of Patient Management, EMR, LIS, RIS, PACS, RCM, Inventory, Billing, Eclaim Management. One product that can be configured to work as Clinic, Hospital or Diagnostic product.
ProMed, a Cross-Platform Enterprise Application Package for Clinical Data Management and Analysis. ProMed is suitable for Multi-Speciality Hospitals, Clinics and Laboratories.
Miracle HIS a web based Hospital Management Software that is developed using latest technologies to manage working of a hospital in a paperless environment. Being modular in nature it easily integrates various aspects of hospital like Patient Registration, OPD, IPD, OPD Pharmacy, Purchase and Stores.
QuaLIS is an enterprise scale Web based Lab information management software in India. QuaLIS’s integrated design helps in covering complete processes of laboratory. The solution is agnostic to server platform OS, database and client Platform. You can run QuaLIS in both Linux and Windows platform.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Right from simplifying hospital operations to streamlining the processes for doctors, nurses, and administrators, hospital management software plays a great role. Besides, this software helps in optimizing the healthcare facilities across clinics and hospitals in the rural and urban sectors.
A good hospital management system features:
- Online information availability
- Enhanced administration and control
- Simplified billing and discharging process
- Optimized resource allocation
- Streamlined workflows across various departments
- Scalable and customizable
- Minimal training to staff for using the system
Most of the hospital management software produces a regular backup of the data. They ensure the complete safety of the information with security features. Moreover, some providers even offer data recovery options.
Yes, why not! Hospital management software integrates with many accounting software to enable the administrators to manage the revenue efficiently.
The hospital management system empowers you to control user access effectively. As per the roles of different employees, you can offer them access to various modules and features accordingly. Depending on their access rights, users can traverse through the system.