Best Home Inspection software
Finding the best Home Inspection Software for your business is now faster and easier! Compare prices, reviews, features, and get free consultation to find the perfect software.
In simple words, a home inspection is the assessment of the real estate property. It usually takes place during real estate transactions. But it can also be performed at any time for various reasons.
The home inspection is the professional opinion based on a visual inspection of the performance of the house. The main focus is to determine the present condition of the house’s major systems, such as foundation, heating and cooling systems, plumbing, roof, electrical work, along with some fire and safety issues. People often confuse house inspection with house appraisal, but both are distinctively different. An appraisal is done to determine the value of a property.
A trained and qualified home inspector usually conducts it. They prepare and deliver a written report of findings to the clients. The client, or home purchaser, then use the findings to make an informed decision about the house pending for purchase.
You should note that a home inspector doesn’t guarantee the future condition or life expectancy of components of the house. They only describe the condition of the house at the time of inspection. While buying a house, a home inspection can help avoid potential issues.
House inspectors need specific tools to conduct the session smoothly and safely. But house inspection software is a must. However, there are many other home inspection tools that they need to carry with them:
- Respirator: The most important one on the list is the face mask. You may enter areas which contains materials introducing hazardous particles in the air, and it could be harmful to your health. This safety mask will give you protection.
- Electric GFCI Tester: Electric testers are required to test whether GFCI outlets are properly functioning or not. It also helps detect switched wires, non-grounded outlets, and more. There are varieties of tester available. House inspectors purchase it based on their preferences and how much they are willing to pay.
- Voltage Indicator: Voltage indicator is required to determine whether the voltage is present in wiring or not. You don’t have to use the back of your hand to test for voltage. Pick up a voltage detector, and it will give you a reading for covers and wires.
- Flashlights: Home inspectors are always looking for a handy flashlight. Most of them own several types. A headlight is convenient for attics and crawl spaces. You will need powerful torches for dark places, and a small spotlight for areas you can’t get into.
- Shoe Covers: You don’t want to walk into the house with a dirty shoe. Always keep a fresh supply of shoe covers so that you don’t leave a track of dirt and mud all over the place.
- High-Traction Roof Boots: High-traction roof boots are there to protect from slipping while walking on the roofs. In fact, it also comes with replaceable soles so that they can be changed when it's worn.
- Combustible Gas Detector and Carbon Monoxide Tester: Another important home inspection tools are gas detector and carbon monoxide tester. These are expensive tools but are equally important to conduct a house inspection. It can be bought together, or you can buy a tool that functions both ways.
- Moisture Meter: A moisture meter is another home inspection tool that helps detect and measure moisture leak. It comes in two types — search mode, which helps inspectors to find the places where a leak is happening and the measure mode that allows them to measure levels in materials by touching with the two pins.
- Tool Belt and Bag: This is the most obvious home inspection equipment because otherwise, how will you carry your other tools? A large tool bag will pack all your home inspection tools easily. The tool belt is where you keep your flashlight and other smaller items such as screwdrivers.
There are many other home inspection equipment to consider:
- Digital camera
- Screwdrivers, etc.
In recent times, home inspection software is gaining popularity and all for the right reason. A home inspector is a demanding profession. You will have to manage your time. Moreover, if you want your business to grow, it’s essential that you build a client base for long-term relationships.
Some of the key features of a house inspection service software that makes it very much useful:
- Contact Management: A home inspection software is a storehouse of data. You can easily save all your contact information on the system so that you can follow up with your clients in the future. It helps you generate new leads for your business.
- Report Management: House inspection report software gives you the tools to generate reports faster and in a range of formats. Generally, it has space for customization, whereby you can quickly and easily upload a logo and add your business contact information. Once done, you can also save it to use that as a report template for future use. In fact, it also allows for easy sharing of reports with your clients and digital signature.
- Cloud-Based Service: The advantage of using cloud-based service is that you can access the dashboard from anywhere. You just need a device with an internet connection, such as a tablet, desktop, or smartphone.
- Workflow Management: Home inspection solution helps you streamline your activities. Using workflow management, you can easily accept online bookings, schedule your appointments in advance, and also generate and download complete reports. Furthermore, you can keep track of your progress report of every property and stay on top of your turnaround times.
- Invoice Management: Home inspection service solution allows for automatic invoice generation once the report-making is completed. It also allows you to link your system with third-party payment gateway service to ease the process of payment collection.
Moreover, based on report type and property size, the system automatically allocates the pricing during the booking process. You can create and save dynamic price lists in your system.
- Seamless Integration and Usability: The most important features of any home inspection solution is its usability. It should have an intuitive interface so that even a non-tech savvy person can use it with ease.
In addition, the system should also offer seamless integration with other third-party apps or services such as accounting software, payment gateways, etc. It will allow for the smooth functioning of the business.
For a property manager or home inspector, manually handling all the tasks can invite error. Especially during the time when the business is growing, one can’t afford inefficiency. It can be avoided by using a home inspection software that will automate your operational process for smooth functioning.
Some of the benefits of having a home inspection solution are as follows:
- Saves Time: The core benefit of any home inspection report software is that it saves you a lot of time. For starters, you don’t have to rush back to your office every time to sync your reports. Many solutions offer mobile versions of the system so that you can complete the report on-site if you desire and send it immediately. Thus, it saves you time.
- Better Record Keeping: Home inspection system acts as a centralized digital database where all your forms and records are saved. Not only that, these records are maintained in an organized manner so that you can easily access it whenever you want. Most importantly, it prevents data loss.
- Gives Accurate Repair Estimates: During the inspection, it may be difficult for home inspectors to provide with an immediate repair cost estimate to their clients. However, one can solve this problem by using home inspection report software. Home inspection system often offers built-in tools that make it easy to compare several estimates for repair needs. It can generate reports on an overview of the work order that needs to be done to get the place ready to live.
- Increases Customer Satisfaction: To stay on the top, it’s crucial that you offer superior home inspection services. It is possible by implementing home inspection software, as it allows for timely delivery of reports that are professional and clearly done.
The solution takes care of processes like payment reminder for due dates, submitting reports on time, and more. Plus, you can review your past data to look for ways that need improvement. It ultimately helps you refine the way you do business, which results in increased customer satisfaction.
Changing from paperwork to home inspection software can boost your efficiency and client relationship. But how do you find the one best suited for your business? Some of the tips to help you choose the best home inspection software are discussed below:
- Do Your Research: There are several options available on the market. That’s why it’s essential that you do your research — visit software review sites, read blog posts and articles and find out all the best options available for you. For that, you will also need first to access your own business needs so that you can compare which software will add value to your company. The main purpose of using a home inspection solution is to save you time, money, and hassle.
- Create a List of Home Inspection Software Requirement: When researching a house inspection software, you need to have a clear understanding of what you want and how you will use the software. That’s why it’s essential that you create a list of all the features you would require.
i. Will the solution allow for customization of report template for residential and commercial purpose?
ii. Does the software provide cloud-based or on-premise service?
iii. Can you view reports in real-time via mobile or desktop home inspection solution?
- Shortlist 4-5 Best Home Inspection Software Vendor: Once you have evaluated the advantages and disadvantages of each software and narrowed your list down to best 5-6 home inspection software, do your research on those vendors. When you start using the software, you will require constant support of vendors in case the system faces any trouble. So it’s important to know if you are dealing with the right kind of vendor. Read their reviews online and contact their old clients to hear about their experience with the vendor.
- Request a Free Trial and Start Using: There are many vendors who offer a free trial of their product before you actually have to purchase it. So take advantage, request a free trial of the product, and start using it. Once the Free Trial is Live, use it on fields and make use of all the features the solution promises. And if you are satisfied with the product, you can completely integrate the home inspection solution to your business.
Shop around and settle for the best home inspection software.
Some of the leading practices in home inspection software that are going to make an advancement are:
- Cloud-based service: There are not many cloud-based services being offered by house inspection software vendors today. However, this trend is going to change. In the next years, you will see more of cloud-based software services. The main advantage of it is that you can access the system from anywhere, anytime. Not only that, but you can even use it from any devices that have an internet connection.
Cloud-based home inspection service offers real-time sync.
- Division by Market Application: With the rise in popularity of home inspection software, it is penetrating deep into different marketing segments. With the technological advancement on a regular basis, manufacturers are striving hard to incorporate the latest technology. It can be seen from the huge amount of investment that is being made in research and development for product improvements.
Vendors are now trying to build the software based on its application. Mainly, it includes four new verticals — home care agencies, therapy agencies, private duty agencies, and hospice care agencies.
- Mobile Application: Earlier the use of software was limited to on-premise activity only. However, with the development of cloud-based service, people want to access the system on-the-go. That’s why there has been an advancement in building the mobile compatible version of the house inspection solution. It allows people to access the system in real time, and they don’t have to wait until they return back to their office to generate the report.
Kizeo Forms is a simple and mobile tool to automate various activities. With Kizeo Forms, you can convert any paper document into mobile forms. You can fill out forms from any location even without an internet connection! Create & send customized forms and reports.
Wobot is the smart way to deal with your organizational communication problems. An affordable way to manage your workflows on-the-go, Wobot's unique AI capabilities will help you make the right business decisions by analyzing patterns daily.
Spectora is a home inspection software for creating professional, interactive and easy to read home inspection reports. Home inspection services an intuitive and user-friendly software which works at an incredible speed. It is a must-have for residential, commercial, radon, pools and other jobs. It is designed to make reporting seamless which gives you the power to finish your report on-site.
HomeGauge is the prime home inspection tools which help in preparing reports which are visually appealing, understandable and full of information. It is the best and most user-friendly tool to provide unmatched home inspection services. It has got templates that cater to multiple types of properties namely single family homes, commercial buildings, multi-family, new constructions and so on.
ReachOut Suite is a complete home inspection services solution that improves operational efficiency by eliminating paperwork and streamlining processes with mobile-based forms and workflow.
Home inspection business reporting and management software. Reporting for home inspection, lead paint, asbestos surveys, emf, mold, and energy audits. 100% report customization with no limitations.
Chapps Rental Inspector is a fully featured Home Inspection Software designed to serve Enterprises, Startups. Chapps Rental Inspector provides end-to-end solutions designed for Windows. This online Home Inspection system offers Templates, Report Summary, Sketching, Color Codes / Icons, Repair Estimates at one place.
EZ Home Inspection is simple and easy-to-use home inspection system for efficient, comprehensive report writing. EZ Home inspection tools include characteristics like personalized reports, making templates with summary, fascinating designs and is easy to learn. It house inspection software is a complete solution for residential and commercial inspection.
Home Inspector Pro is a modern and ultimate home inspection services which run on Mac or Windows desktop, laptop or tablet. It is web-based software which understands the importance of clean layouts, easy navigation, and smart filters. It has high-speed home inspection tools and provides good support to users.
Palm-Tech home inspection tools provide modern web experience, fully integrated with the latest technology. This house inspection software is very popular among all the inspectors delivering reports which are admired by agents and clients. You can make the most out of your time on-site using this software as it is designed to be used on portable devices such as iPhone, iPad, Android, phones, and so on.
Tap Inspect is one of the best home inspection services that create modern reports and controls your business in the best possible way. It home inspection tools offers quick learning and making reports for the investigator at a rapid pace. It is trusted by over 400,000 home inspectors and helps save 10 hours per week by publishing the report before leaving the property.
Horizon home inspection software provides the best report writing tools one needs for creating home inspection reports. It provides a powerful interface with easy to use services powered with all at one place tools that you require for quality home inspection. It helps you prepare reports with interactive content that makes it easy four clients to read, understand and navigate.
Spectacular provides fast, flexible and easy to use home inspection services. It is the best home inspection software for preparing reports with photos and videos. It is the only software that allows generating PDF inspection report without the internet from mobile or desktop.
3D Inspection Systems is a prime home inspection tools and is a companion tool for buyers and agents. It house inspection software provides power, flexibility, and versatility in one package. It handles data gathering, report generation and office management of jobs and contacts at one place.
IC Home Inspection Software is a very easy, smart, flexible and efficient home inspection solution. It provides proper agent and buyer database management. You can work 24x7 using this software even if you are offline. It is great value for money and helps you provide best services to your clients.
Inspection Manager is a modern home inspection services for preparing professional reports that make you look great. It is directly integrated with social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, etc. This home inspection tools have awesome features such as videos, annotate photos, searching whatever you type, review on site and report summary. It helps to take home inspection business to next level.
Agile Inspections is fast, easy-to-use and powerful tools with a modern design and affordable price. This home inspection system is ideal for making housing reports and conveniently emailing the report documents directly to your clients. This home inspection tool runs on iPad, iPhone, Androids, PCs, and Macs.
RoomToRoom is a home inspection software which provides you tools that streamline your report writing process. The reports can be logically divided and visually clear pictures can be attached to it using this software. They keep updating the software with the latest technology. It can create phone-friendly reports.
Report From Pro is a home inspection tool that puts you ahead of the game helping you deliver the best home inspection reports to your client. It is stand-alone mobile application specially designed to help house inspection software to complete and deliver inspection reports on site.
TobTech helps you to make the cleanest report for home inspection. It helps to create clear, concise and professional reports sought by the clients and thus help you gain their confidence. It comes with a number of customizable templates that help you customize your reports according to your specific needs. It is the only software that allows you save your inspection data into an external file.
GoCanvas is a dispatch software built for HVAC, plumbing, electrical, & pest control companies. This responsive software works smoothly on any mobile device, & is also compatible with Windows computer via Windows app. It also offers a 30-day free trial period.
HOA Compliance Software is a fully featured HOA Software designed to serve Startups, Enterprises. HOA Compliance Software provides end-to-end solutions designed for Web App. This online HOA system offers Committee Management, Property Database, Work Order Management at one place.
i-inspectAnything is a fully featured Home Inspection Software designed to serve SMEs, Startups. i-inspectAnything provides end-to-end solutions designed for Macintosh. This online Home Inspection system offers at one place.
InspectIT is the best inspection software that allows you to add, delete, and edit photos of your reports right from your mobile device. The inspection report software gives a detailed calendar view to be updated about upcoming inspection dates.
Horizon is a fully featured Home Inspection Software designed to serve SMEs, Enterprises. Horizon provides end-to-end solutions designed for Macintosh. This online Home Inspection system offers Residential Inspections, Color Codes / Icons, Templates, Photo Editing, Commercial Inspections at one place.