Top GPS tracking Software and Services in the USA
Finding the best GPS Tracking System for your business is now faster and easier! Compare prices, reviews, features, and get free consultation to find the perfect software.
GPS tracking means the live surveillance of geographical location through a global positioning system. The global positioning system is a global radio-navigation platform that consists of 24 satellites and their ground stations. GPS was initially designed and controlled by the U.S military but now has been adopted for civilian use across the world. It is a sophisticated technology that can exactly pinpoint the latitude, longitude, ground speed, and general direction of the target.
GPS tracking is highly useful as it is accurate and gives real-time information. It is an asset for firefighting, police, courier organizations, and armed forces personnel as it provides them with invaluable information. GPS tracking devices are used for better asset control especially when vehicles are being used to transfer inventory.
There has been an increase in the use of GPS tracking solutions. GPS software is a useful tool that utilizes the Global Navigation Satellite System to work out the position of a target object. The tracker may be placed in a vehicle, on a mobile cell phone, or any other GPS device and it may be fixed or portable. It has many diverse functions that lead to speed, agility, and flexibility in many industries. For example, fleet management software can be used to give the exact location of consignments out for delivery.
Online GPS tracking systems can also be used to keep track of individuals and give an accurate account of their movement. There are many GPS monitoring software available that enable parents to keep track of children. Similarly, these systems can be used to monitor the movement of patients that require constant attention, or people of criminal intent.
GPS tracking server software is an incredible invention of the current era. Perhaps the most prime utility of GPS tracking systems for small businesses is seamless navigation. Auto GPS tracking systems can help to monitor the location of cars, trucks, ships, and other commercial vehicles. Active GPS tracking systems can locate the exact movement, speed, and course of direction of targets in real-time. There is a heavy requirement of the best GPS tracking software in a multitude of industries.
Open source GPS tracking software can prove to be a highly beneficial solution for law enforcement agencies as it can be used to track the physical movements of criminals, terrorists or miscreants. GPS management systems can be used by the general public to deter and prevent vehicular thefts, hence enhancing societal security and control. Employers to ensure that drivers are performing their duties properly can also use car tracking software. The best part about GPS tracking software for business organizations is that it can be accessed throughout the globe, as it works on satellite technology.
It is important to be aware of the various types of GPS tracking software available in the market to make an informed choice for your organization. Here are the two major kinds of GPS tracking systems for small businesses:
1. Passive GPS Tracking Solutions: These are also known as GPS loggers, and they work on a simple principle – passive global GPS tracking systems collect information on a target’s location and store it in a memory card or storage device. The information on the memory card can be accessed at a later stage by simply connecting it to a smartphone, laptop or personal computer. While passive GPS tracking solutions do not help in real-time monitoring, they are able to provide the route followed by the target vehicle and time taken at each stop. Here are some of the advantages of passive GPS monitoring software:
- No need for users to worry about the transmitting of signals, as data is stored directly on a device
- A user-friendly system that is easy to implement
- One-time investment, hence no requirement of a monthly subscription fees
2. Active GPS Tracking Software: Active GPS tracking systems collect data in a similar manner to passive software, however, it transmits the data in real-time through a cellular or satellite network. Active GPS tracking software for small businesses is a real asset, as they are highly effective by providing accurate location details. Here are some advantages of active GPS tracking solutions:
- It provides cloud storage real-time data, hence is very useful for businesses
- It is highly convenient as there is no need to physically remove the tracking device from the vehicle every time
- There are no major compatibility issues as you can receive updates through the Internet
GPS tracking systems for small business organizations can go a long way in improving efficiency and productivity. Here are the major advantages of tracking devices that make them a must-have tool in the current times:
- Route Optimization: GPS tracking devices will ensure that organizations benefit by sending their vehicles on the best possible route. Real-time data about the location will make sure that your vehicles do not get stuck due to roadblocks, construction work, heavy traffic, or accidents.
- Decreased Response Time: GPS management systems can help to pinpoint the exact location of a vehicle – this will help in increasing the quality of customer service by lowering response time. Organizations will be able to send the nearest vehicle to clients instantly and save their precious time.
- Reduced Costs: GPS tracking software enhances fleet productivity and reduces the idle time spent by fleet vehicles sitting in traffic or busy areas. This leads to heavy cost savings through lesser fuel and boosts revenues.
- Better Security: Stringent security is one of the prime benefits of online GPS tracking systems. There are lesser chances of car theft or misuse as the vehicle can be constantly tracked by GPS monitoring software. It enables organizations to protect their assets and empowers them with information about the whereabouts of their fleet at all times.
- Compatible With All Mobile Devices: Everyone uses smartphones nowadays hence one of the great advantages of GPS software is that it is compatible with mobile devices. This makes it a handy tool as business owners and managers can check the location of fleet vehicles from anywhere in the world, even if they are on the move.
There are a large number of online GPS tracking software available in the market. It is important to have knowledge about the various features in order to choose the best GPS tracking software for your business. So, here is a list of the key features to watch out for before investing in an auto GPS tracking system:
- Trip History: One of the most essential features of GPS tracking server software is trip history that enables users to track all the trips made by a vehicle geographically on a location map. It has the ability to display important indicators such as distance traveled, number of stoppages made, engine time, and average speed.
- Real-Time Tracking With Alerts: GPS management systems are equipped with real-time monitoring, hence users can view the actual location of a vehicle as it moves from point to point. Car tracking software and truck tracking software is extremely helpful for businesses as it can ensure fleet management through a single interface. The best GPS software tools even give live alerts so as to notify business owners about over speeding, excessive stoppages, and route deviation.
- Geo-Fencing: Global GPS tracking systems have another useful facility that is known as geofencing. This feature enables users to create geographical fences on a map around any particular landmark. GPS tracking solutions can give users live alerts anytime a vehicle enters or exits the boundary of the geofence. Geo-fencing increases workforce optimization and ensures better security of the fleet.
- Dashboard Summary: Open source GPS tracking software is a beneficial tool for businesses as it has a comprehensive enterprise dashboard. This enables users to prepare detailed graphical reports, and track key metrics for various vehicles over a period of time.
- Access Control: User management and access control are very important as it involves the security of the vehicular fleet. GPS tracking software allows users to add profile details, and grant access privileges so that no unauthorized personnel can access sensitive data.
It is important to remain aware of the latest trends and forecasts about the GPS tracking software market. This will help businesses to make better decisions, and invest in a novel technology that can facilitate them to achieve strategic objectives faster. Here are some key statistics and forecasts about GPS tracking software:
- The GPS tracking device market is expected to grow at an annual rate of 11.9% CAGR between the years 2017 -2023.
- The vehicle tracking device market size in 2018 exceeded 18984 thousand units with an industry value of over 600 million.
- The adoption of 5G technology will lead to advanced GPS tracking capabilities and lead to unprecedented growth.
- GPS technology is advancing at a fast pace, and it is expected that it will play an important role in many industries such as automobiles, law enforcement, and emergency public services.
On The Clock is a web-based time clock software that makes payroll management simple and promotes a better synergy between employees and employers. This clock in clock out software provides employee GPS, Payroll Integration, and mobile applications. View Profile
Fleetx.io is India's best fleet management and GPS/Vehicle tracking software that digitalizes end to end fleet and logistics operations and provides real-time recommendations and actionable insights to fleet owners and logistics companies using AI/ML.
Kizeo Forms is a simple and mobile tool to automate various activities. With Kizeo Forms, you can convert any paper document into mobile forms. You can fill out forms from any location even without an internet connection! Create & send customized forms and reports.
Courier management System is a software solution developed by Sagar Informatics Pvt. Ltd.,which has the features of printing of bills invoice, client management, employee management, initial settings, queries, reporting, franchise for delivery, updating delivery status for the packets.
Time Doctor is to enable effective remote work and improvement productivity in remote teams of the Time Tracking Service. It has easier to ensure that everyone is works efficiently and the ability to take screenshots of the computer or laptop screen every few times. Time Doctor is the most accurate productivity software on the market.
MQTT protocol aligned operations
Asset Vehicle Tracking System is what you need for dependable fuel consumption updates. Using the AI, GPS Device and sensors, this GPS tracking software lets you know the fuel consumed during a journey without even going close to the vehicle.
It can save up to 40 % logistic cost for you
Abivin vRoute is a growth-specific truck tracking software that is here to give you live GPS tracking updates using its powerful route optimization feature. This best GPS tracking software sends you live geo-tracking updates over a single click.
DeltaSalesApp is a solution for tracking field sales employees and managing sales for industries like FMCG, Field service, Automobiles, Pharmaceuticals, Footwear, Garments and many more.
MocoSpy is the best selling android spying software to monitor every single activity of your loved one's sneaky activity. Spy on Any Android phone remotely using MocoSpy android spyware.
Schoolknot.com provides Mobile ERP to schools. Its unique features include automated fee reports, intuitive enquiry module with integrated data analytics for multiple branches.
GPS Gateway is the company which is Providing White Label Advanced GPS Tracking software with full features required to track operation tracking and fleet management. This solution is best for them one who are looking to start their own GPS Tracking Company.
Trakkin is app based reporting crm for medical reps and all filed staff which will enable the real time monitoring off filed staff and their activities or appointments. Which helps to increase the productivity of the sales force and thus helps the growth of the company.
Trusted by customers worldwide
Dekho24 - Driver Tracking Mobile App is the easiest way to do live GPS tracking. Using high-end machine learning, this best GPS tracking software automatically gathers the key information like sorting time and service time and streamline operations.
Trusted by 100,000+ clients
GPS Wox is a highly flexible GPS tracking software that can operate using any of the data-driven devices. With easy set-up, user-friendly interface, and powerful features, this car tracking software works in all countries and comes with in-built 30 language support.
Tookan helps in rationalizing all business operations to cut costs and save time. With its state-of-the-art technology for automatic dispatch, route planning, and Geo-fencing, Tookan outclasses its contemporaries.
OctopusPro is a job management software for any field service provider or contractor. The OctopusPro app can be used by your field workers anywhere, anytime, even offline.
AIS 140 approved devices
Vamosys’s GPS tracking solutions can be implemented in any of ecosystem and help you keep tabs on things like fuel consumption and distance traveled without even getting close to the vehicle. This truck tracking software sends instant notifications.
GPSVT is a GPS vehicle tracker for truck, trailer, car, cab, bus and bike. Gps vehicle tracking service provided by enterox has many advanced features including live location tracking, parked or running status and speed, alerts for geofencing zone, video replay and more.
Dedicated mobile-based tracking
VETRACK is industry’s best GPS tracking software that can be used in any of ecosystem. By giving you live and data-driven GPS updated of on-road vehicles, it helps a business to do mobile-based vehicle tracking.
CloudNBFC 2.0 helps the organizations in handling their loan management tasks related to the car, 2 wheeler, 4 wheeler and mortgage loans. The software is built to let the managers make smart loan-lending decisions and store the data in an organized way. It also has CRM, HR, payment and more features alongside.
Suited to startups and enterprises
With more than 2,000+ device compatibility, Wialon is here to assist you by all means. By using its GPS tracking solutions, businesses can easily do route optimization, fuel consumption tracking, and live location.
Right way to track on-road vehicles
By using the GPS tracking solutions offered by Sahaj GPS Tracker, you can easily view and replay the precise routes taken by your vehicle, track the fuel consumed, stops made, and distance traveled from a centralized control panel.
LogiNext Mile provides automated optimization for delivery routes and resource capacity to reduce this cost up to 10%, primarily in number of kilometres travelled, number of resources required and has been voted as the route optimization software.
Trusted by industry’s leaders
A vehicle tracking system is a feature-rich online GPS tracking system that brings every detail related to on-road vehicles on your palm and helps you do hassle-free fleet management. Using the GNSS positioning feature, this GPS tracking software generates accuracy GPS tracking results.
MySalesDialerPro is an enterprise class inside sales app utilized by thousands of businesses worldwide. The sales reps are no longer confined to office walls/cubicles and perform only inside sales job instead they prefer to be on the field doing live interactions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
It is possible to install a GPS tracking device at any place in a car such as the rear or front bumper, under the seats, in the wheel wells, or in the glove compartment. Most fleet vehicles keep the GPS tracking unit on the dashboard by connecting it to an on-board diagnostics port.
Installation of GPS tracking devices in cars is a quick, hassle-free, and easy process. It may take 30-45 minutes depending on the complexity of the system and the car model.
To install a GPS device in a car, the first thing that needs to be done is to find a power source for it. Users can use dedicated batteries to power the GPS unit or can simply use the batter of the vehicle to operate it. The tracking device then needs to be placed in a suitable place in the car where it is safe through minimal exposure. The last step is to test the device by taking the car out for a drive and comparing manual data to the GPS recorded data.
GPS data can be accessed instantly if there is no interruption in the signal. It provides real-time location information, however, there may be a slight lag depending on the speed of the data transmittance.
Cellular GPS tracking used cellular networks to transmit information about fleet vehicles. It is highly economical and can be used through a mobile app and high-speed Internet connection. However, the system is not completely up-to-date, and information may be relayed every 1-10 minutes, depending on the chosen subscription package.
Satellite GPS tracking is through a specific device, and is a more expensive option. It has the ability to generate detailed reports, and real-time location information, even in areas that do not have cellular network coverage.
Passive GPS tracking software collects information about a vehicle’s location and saves it on a hard disk or memory storage device. Plugging the device into a computer gives easy access to the information from the tracker, however, it will not be in real-time or completely updated.
Active GPS tracking systems are more accurate as they transmit location data in the real-time through cellular or satellite networks. The major advantage of active GPS tracking systems is that they are highly convenient; provide heavy security and better fleet management control.