Best contact management software for small business in 2020
Finding the best Contact Management Software for your business is now faster and easier! Compare prices, reviews, features, and get free consultation to find the perfect software.
For any business, its contacts serve as its lifeblood. A business can expand its reach and elevate its revenues by building relationships with its existing contacts and interacting with new contacts to convert them into long-term relationships. The contacts may include vendors, customers, suppliers and clients that help in proper functioning of the organization. Thus, efficient management of contacts directs better lead generation, enhanced conversion, better communication with clients & vendors, and enhanced sales thereby ensuring the successful run of the business.
The contacts may come from different channels and diverse direction ranging from partners, social channels and media to your evangelists. Managing so many contacts from different channels and interacting with each is a time-consuming task. Fortunately, there is contact management software that makes this task simple and swift.
Contact Management Software is a robust tool that helps in streamlining the company’s relationships. The software enables the businesses to store, manage, track and control all the interactions with the contacts. It also helps in easily finding contact information as and when needed by the enterprise. This information can include names, mobile numbers, address, account information on social media channels like Facebook, Instagram, etc, and many more. For efficiently running a business, contact management is a must. This may turn out to be a very tedious task if not taken seriously since data can easily be misplaced, lost or even get buried deep in your email list.
Contact management system serves as Contact Database Software that contains a detailed database of potential customers and existing customers. The software provides an integrated means of tracking the information and activities that are related to different contacts. Contact So increases the efficiency of business by consolidating customer, vendor, supplier and client’s data. It is even an important tool for the sales and marketing unit as it helps them to keep a check on the real-time status of the customers. The team members can easily extract the information about the customer through the software. The contact management system can turn out to be very helpful in increasing the sales opportunities and leads to better management and growth of businesses.
Contact management software enables the users to store, track, update and organize an uncountable number of contact profiles and accounts. The customer details stored in the software include name, email address, phone number, social profile detail, titles, fax number, detail of birthday, details of anniversaries, etc. The company can access this information and establish healthy communication with all its contacts by leveraging the contact software.
Contact management software acts as a managing tool which helps businesses in managing customer interaction to make the best out of every interaction. The software is integrated with a gamut of features like contact history, contact import and export, search and filters, group management, direct fax, seamless recording, report customization, tags, to do lists, integration, automatic dialing and scheduling customization that makes contact management seamless.
Some of the amazing features include:
- Integration- This feature of contact management enables the companies to combine contact records with the existing system.
- Contact history – This feature helps in preserving important information and keeping details of all interactions made with the contacts. The business can access the interaction history to know better about each contact. The history contains details including with whom the company has made contact, at what time the interaction was made, what are the terms of contact, what are the offers related to each contact and most importantly, through which channel the contact was made.
- Search and filter- This feature of contact management is very useful since it allows in running a quick search of all the contacts on the basis of different filters.
- Contact import and export- This feature helps in either importation of information from external resources or exportation of data to other sources.
- Direct fax and email- This feature enables the company in sending fax and mass email directly from contact management software.
- Setting appointments- This feature helps in setting up appointments easily using the sales database.
- Group management- This feature helps in the management of administrative structures which are used in the organization of assets so that they can easily be found.
- Seamless recording- Through this feature, the businesses can keep a record of all the customer’s requests. For example, when a customer subscribes to a newsletter or any new service, it is recorded in the software.
- Reports customization- Through contact management software, one can customize reports which can turn out to be insightful in relation to the personal needs of the customers.
- Automatic dialing- This feature helps the company to call the contacts by dialing their numbers from the database.
- Tags- This highly customizable feature helps in the quick pull of customer subsets in one go.
- Taking notes- Storing contact information is just not enough. At times, the team members might want to take down notes of any particular opportunity or add comments like at what time it is best to reach a particular person. One can also note down details of recent calls and meetings. With this feature, it makes it easy for users to add such notes.
- To-do list- This feature helps the company to create a to-do list containing all the required tasks to be performed. This list will be attached to the contact file of each worker. Each employee will then be notified whenever they are assigned with a to-do list.
Contact management is a practice of storing and organizing client information for easy access. It offers a number of benefits to the company. Some of which are listed below:
- Shared Information- One of the greatest benefits of contact management is accessibility. Through contact database management software all the information entered in the database becomes visible to all the employees. This can turn out to be very helpful for the company since it aids the team members in dealing with the clients properly, even if they are meeting them for the first time.
- Better efficiency- Contact Management Software allows the business to effectively manage their contacts information, their preferences and interaction. With the help of the software, the business can establish contact with its customers and serve them better.
- Choice marketing- Contact management software helps in prioritizing the clients and customers based on their interests. Its amazing features like automated and timed functions, client notes, marketing software, lead list, marketing templates, etc make the task easy.
- Enhanced customer services- Improving customer services is the main goal of contact management software. It helps in summarizing customer information with relevant feedbacks which can later be used by the agents, and the team members to communicate effectively with the customers and improve services.
- Reduced expenditure- With so many automated processes, one doesn’t need many human resources. So, the firms need to spend less in the manpower. The effective use of contact management software is that it ensures to reach more leads with fewer efforts thereby resulting in the increase of revenue with less investment.
- Developed lead management- With the help of contact management software, companies can easily manage their potential customers.
People often confuse Contact Management Software with Customer Relationship Management software (CRM). Though both of these are slightly similar, they are not the same.
Some major differences between contact management software and CRM are as follows:
- User community scope- Contact software usually supports individuals. It allows the businesses to manage vendors, customers, and individuals. On the other hand, when it comes to CRM, it helps in managing the customers and also offers marketing functionality. All the tasks and activities are allocated between the team resources. It has automated follow-ups and reminders. In the case of CRM, the company works with a common voice and thus the organization appears to be much more organized and customer-centric. CRM contains more advanced functionality that manages sales, marketing, leads, and potential clients.
- Software customization- Contact Management Software is limited to configuration settings and adjustments. They cannot modify or construct programming logics whereas CRM normally includes easy to use customization tools.
- Customer scope- Contact management software provides quick access to account names and contact information and is often referred to as electronic Rolodex while CRM includes much more comprehensive and detailed customer information. They deliver a holistic view of customer relationship throughout the organization.
- Mobility- Contact Management Software sometimes doesn’t support mobile devices or offline operations while CRM applications not only provide a browser anytime and anywhere but also have an offline system that may work with or without internet connectivity.
Listed below are to two basic types of contact management software:
- Software as a service (SaaS) contact management program- This type of contact management programs are licensed on a subscription basis and are centrally hosted. These are mostly referred to as on-demand management programs. Such software applications are mostly paid on monthly basis and are hosted by the vendors. In the case of SaaS, the organization is not responsible for updating, maintenance, and installation of the software as this is done by the vendors/software company.
- On-premise contact management program- Such type of contact management programs have a single licensed covering and are mostly hosted on users local servers. These are highly expensive contact management software and they sometimes require a hardware installation and a very complex setup. Applications on such contact management program are installed on company premises and not on cloud or server.
The niche of Contact Management witnesses trends every now and then. So, the business must be in sync with these trends to keep itself abreast amidst the competition. Some of the latest trends in Contact Management are listed below.
- Interdepartmental availability- Today more and more platforms are being designed on the basis of enhanced information sharing among departments. Due to this, a lot of businesses are looking for an enhancement of collaboration between internal departments.
- Increasing integration- Earlier contact management programs were sold as standalone software but now with changing times, the contact management software is integrated with customer relationship management software which results in the formation of larger software management suites. Due to this, the processes which involve internal workflow become efficient since the number of interfaces used by the employees to carry out various tasks decrease.
- Cloud computing and subscription model- Cloud computing has a great effect on contact management software. It makes use of a pay-as-you-want system. This system allows the users to pay only for the features they make use of and nothing extra. It is done via the web and it makes contact management faster and easier. Cloud computing services help in creating contact management software applications much more affordable and also lessens the efforts while installation.
- Omnichannel usage- Omnichannel software is used in easily engaging the clients and customers across all communication channels. The software can be used in mobile phone, tablet, laptop, PC or any device. Such software makes sure that the information is shared and communication is made with the customers on any channel according to their preferences.
Before purchasing any product or service it is very important to know properly about what you are purchasing. Knowing about the software allows you to make the most of it. When buying any contact management software, one should keep in mind the following points:
- Cost of Software: The major asset for any business is money. Before buying contact management software, one should check that the software is aligned with what is budgeted and how much is the company’s purchasing ability.
- Mobile support: The creation of smart mobile phones has literally placed the entire universe in our hands which we can easily carry in our pockets. If contact management software can work on mobile phones also then work can become much easier. This will prove helpful since client information can be accessed easily anytime, anywhere and whenever required. This will allow the team members to work on the go. ?
- Scalability of software- While buying contact management software, it is important to check the scalability of contact management software. Having contact management software which is scalable will ensure that it grows with you and works even if your number of contacts increases.
Freshsales is a sales CRM solution by Freshworks. With a highly intuitive user interface and a robust set of features including AI-based lead scoring, intelligent workflow automation, and visual deal pipeline, Freshsales gives businesses everything they need to manage their sales in a hassle-free package. View Profile
Really Simple Systems cloud CRM is specifically designed for small and mid-sized businesses operating B2B. It's easy to set up and use, so you'll be up and running in minutes. You'll find a wealth of support resources and our customer support if completely free.
This is one of the best sales force automation software for the small business to the large enterprise, salesforce has cloud CRM solutions to help sales reps everywhere and with the user-friendly automation options.
Freshsales is a sales CRM solution by Freshworks. With a highly intuitive user interface and a robust set of features including AI-based lead scoring, intelligent workflow automation, and visual deal pipeline, Freshsales gives businesses everything they need to manage their sales in a hassle-free package.
LeadSquared is a complete customer acquisition platform for businesses. It combines the features offered by both CRMs as well as Marketing Automation software, and thus brings your Sales and Marketing teams on the same page.
Salesforce Essentials makes it easy for small businesses and startups build stronger customer relationships with an all-in-one sales and support solution that is easy to use, setup, and maintain - for just $25 per user per month.
Creatio (formerly bpm’online) is a leading low-code, process automation and CRM company. It has been highly recognized as a market leader by key industry analysts. Creatio’s intelligent platform accelerates sales, marketing, service and operations for thousands of customers and hundreds of partners worldwide. The mission of Creatio is to help companies ACCELERATE!
All Apps One Platform Platform of 50+ integrated business apps Integrated collaboration, email & documents Mobile website & native apps for iOS & Android REST API for connections to outside tools
We are CRM Software provider, we provide CRM (customer relationship management solution) for; call center CRM, iCRM, marketing CRM, support CRM, education CRM, sales CRM etc. Our aim is to provide low-cost CRM and enterprise CRM solution for small and medium-size org.
Agile CRM is a contact management system software which is being widely used by companies. It helps you manage your contacts at one place, providing its accessibility to all and updating data in real-time. It helps you view everything about contact on a single page.
Salesmate is the smart solution for the CRM to the small to medium size industry for enhancing their sales management. With Salesmate, it is now easy to track the sales progress, deals and get real-time entire sales reports.
Teamgate is an Inbound Sales CRM app that offers you all lead generation and sales management functions. In addition, Teamgate provides a powerful insights, implemented SmartDialer and wide API connection range.
Maximizer CRM is easy to deploy and inexpensive to maintain, yet powerful enough to meet the changing needs of your growing business. Simply Successful CRM - Powerful CRM to create business clarity, help you make better decisions and build stronger customer relationships.
Zoho is the powerful solution for the contact management. Build stronger customer relationships. Engage with multi-channel and social media. It manages all customer communication from CRM.
Ensure Business Performance with 360 Degree Sales CRM. Our leading edge features include Leads from All Sources, Funnel Management, Work-Organizer, Activity Monitor, GPS Geo-location Tracking, Trip-Route Planning, Sales Forecasting, CRM on Mobile and Much More.
BizPlus CRM web-based version is incredibly flexible as a company employees can access the software at any given location with Internet access and use the software on any of the devices.
OnePageCRM is a simple sales CRM ideal for small to medium sized businesses. It is one of the easiest CRM's on the market and converts the complexity of CRM into a dynamic to-do list
Commence is the most trusted solution for the CRM. It designs that allows selecting the module, as per the suits of business. Having robust functionality. It is fully integrated with a mobile application so that can access anytime, anywhere from any device.
inBoundio is a simple inbound marketing software targeted towards individuals and small business owners who are looking to organize their Internet Marketing efforts. inBoundio was created from the need for a simple marketing software which can do the basic online marketing activities, is not loaded with unnessary features and is not too expensive (no yearly contracts).
Act! makes it easy for small businesses to grow, delivering proven CRM and powerful Marketing Automation. For over 30 years, Act! has been a pioneer in the small business software market and today offers the rich functionality, unparalleled flexibility & more.
Hotello PMS by Mingus helps to complete hotel management. It simplifies the operation with increase the profit. It manages all the process in one place. Including revenue management, task management, reputation management, emailing etc.
PipelineDeals is the complete solution for lead management. Having powerful sales & bid management platform for a drive the strong and forecasting tool for construction firms. Easily understand and manages from which sources the leads came.
Pobuca freemium business model of Collaboration. Parallelly provide the social media integration and CRM solution. It helps to accelerate the personal productivity to team productivity by improving the communication in the organization. Enhance productivity by having a shared company address book, easy accessed from any device.
Tenfold is the solution for the CRM to improve the communication between the customer and employee and keep the record of it. The feedback displays in real-time. Tenfold is very transparent for the services and cost. There is no any hidden charge or fees.
OfficeClip is the solution of CRM. Basically, provide contact management. Parallaly provides lead management. Track all the leads and project very accurately to get maximum lead convert in customer. Having features to track all the contact of customer, time and expenses for the project and employee performance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
While both contact management software and CRM software may seem to be similar, they are some inherent differences. Contact management software is a comprehensive solution that aims at tracking customer, vendor, and supplier information. It stores this data and enhances the flow of communication with important stakeholders. CRM software is broader in scope. It is more focused on marketing and sales abilities, along with enhancing the customer experience.
Contact management software maintains a data repository of all your company customers, clients, vendors, and suppliers. It also has built-in integrations to extract data from other existing applications. This helps sales teams to improve lead generation by targeting potential customers in an impactful manner.
- It is important to check out these vital aspects before choosing contact
- Reliability of Vendor
- Comprehensive Features
Yes, all team members will have separate login IDs, which they can use and access the contact management software from any geographical location. They will just need to have access to a high-speed Internet connection.
- Most contact management systems are highly reliable; hence as long as there
is no disruption in the internet service, there will be minimum downtime.
Contact management software is user-friendly, and requires minimum