Top Construction Management Software in UK 2020
Finding the best Construction Management Software for your business is now faster and easier! Compare prices, reviews, features, and get free consultation to find the perfect software.
Construction Project Management Software (CPM) is an indispensable tool that help in estimation of waste project management activities and increases productivity by saving time and money. CPM Software is extremely beneficial to invest in this software irrespective of your profession being a developer, contractor or a construction manager.
Construction management software provides you with full set of features that help in managing the construction project effectively. Some of the key features are:
- Takeoff : This feature helps to perform takeoff entirely electronically, by eliminating the need for paper records.Construction estimating software empowers quicker & more precise takeoffs.
- Project Scheduling : It is one of the important feature that use Critical Path method(CPM) for efficient schedule of people,tasks or resources. Construction scheduling software helps to track who is working at what location, when project resources will arrive. When construction software comes to activity scheduling, most system use Gantt charts.
- Project Management : With this feature you can track project expenses, manage critical documentation and work together with all the parties included in the project. Construction project management software like wise tracks estimated project costs against actual in order to help with the budget.
- Job Costing : Most offerings are planned around a job costing module that permits accounting staff to allot costs by the employment and by CSI code to oversee projects profitability. Construction estimating software handles overall job costing needs of contractors.
- Customer management : It helps in tracking customer data like contact information, past collaboratios, future potential customers etc. However some ought to assess homebuilder CRM framework due to their unique needs.
Also some of the other features include:
- Employee Time Sheet
- Project & Portfolio Management
- Field Service Management
- Bid Management
- Purpose: The intended use of the construction management System should be the first factor to be considered. As per the need of the company, the selection of software package should be done. If company need is only for scheduling prospect than accounting feature would be unnecessary. So it would rather be a waste of money to go for a package that includes accounting functionality.
- Price: is additionally imperative to set a budget before you purchase. The price of construction project management software depends on the size of installation and level of customization you need.When you are narrowing your choices, it can be helpful to inquire as to whether minimum payments have to be made or if any yearly contracts are needed.
- Company Size: Larger companies need a software package with more features and enterprise solutions to manage projects and their employees. It include advantages like GPS locators, time-clock input and RFID material labelling. On the other hand, for small scale companies these features are pointless. They should buy the package with ‘bare bone’ functions.
Construction management software is an approach to improve your existing construction business or start a new one. The Real Estate software or construction software features are unique for the construction management tools and can focus the difference between going over plan and making a benefit.
SINC is a Mobile Workforce Management Platform that brings Job Data Collection from the field to the office; thus, improving Job Profitability and reducing Risk in your business. View Profile
B2W Track is a fully featured Construction Management Software designed to serve SMEs, Startups. B2W Track provides end-to-end solutions designed for Windows. This online Construction Management system offers Offline Access, Mobile Access, Budget Tracking/Job Costing at one place.
Tally.ERP 9 is a business accounting software for accounting, inventory, payroll management. It is economical and one of the most popular ERP software solutions available in the industry. You can download free version of Tally.ERP 9.
ORION Enterprise is a dynamic enterprise resource planning solution that allows organizations to smoothly integrate disparate teams, functions, processes, and systems. 3i Infotech is a global Information Technology company committed to Empowering Business Transformation.
INAXUS is a fully featured Construction Management Software designed to serve Agencies, SMEs. INAXUS provides end-to-end solutions designed for Windows. This online Construction Management system offers Accounting Integration, Contract Management, RFI & Submittals, Subcontractor Management, Budget Tracking/Job Costing at one place.
StrategicERP is web based construction management software. We provides an end-to-end business solution specifically tailored to cater to the needs of Real Estate and Infrastructure Industries with the modularized and innovative technology created by IITians.
Bhoomi allows for scalability, reliability, efficient data processing, quick decision making, best utilization of company's manpower and reduced maintenance and overheads. I like to say it's cloud based best construction management software in US.
Real Builder By Dataman is a complete best construction software designed to meet the ever-growing demands of the real estate industry. It is highly useful for construction industry developers, builders, contractors, and infrastructure developers.
Astral construction software helps them to manage their organisational data on one platform, It provides them a one point solution for managing construction projects, payments, monitoring activities happening at different level.
Highrise is India’s first Construction ERP; a specialized Internet Ready software solution popularly known as ERP for Construction, Contracting & Real Estate industries. In simple words a construction ERP software solution encompassing all the functional departments of the enterprise.
TIEMCHART is an award-winning web-based enterprise project management solution created for all types and sizes of enterprises. Its tools are user-friendly and give the best output. We also offer the free trial that gives an exact experience of the software.
In4Suite is our core product platform that combines a group of integrated modules that together provide a comprehensive and complete solution for the end users. The procurement module helps in creation of PO's and tracking of Material Purchased from suppliers.
iGreen T.FAT Build provides specialized construction software solutions for industries like Builders, Contractors, Project managers, Assets/Equipment Managers etc. Construction management software helps you attain optimized results when you bid, manage and bill your jobs.
A online construction management system catering all management and business needs of the builders.The package contains modules for controlling all the business aspects of building industry with central data repository to administer multiple projects with ease and efficiency.
BlueDolphin is a leading online construction management software widely adopted by the construction industry. It enables medium to large construction companies manage all aspects of construction management including Tender Preparation, Project Management, Accounting, Billing, Asset Management, Procurement, Scheduling and HR.
ConstroSoft is for builders, suppliers, contractors and real estate companies. ConstroSoft provides Enquiry Management, Project Management, Manage Flat/Plot/Shop/Office Space Booking, Sales & Allocation, Payment Management, Employee Management, Document Management and Reporting.
MobileERP is cloud based free construction ERP software with top features such as document management, file sharing, bidding, collaboration & project management for architects, engineers, & construction teams. Try it's free demo today.
Binary Real Estate ERP is with the leading technology and business Solutions for the Real Estate industry locally and regionally. Construction ERP Software/ Construction Management Software has pioneered the concept of on-demand, totally web-based applications for contractors & builders.
Q Lite is a smart and concise construction ERP software and is focused at small to mediums sized real estate companies. Q Lite integrates all major activities and monitors entire processes on a continuous basis. It is a functional software package, which automates work flow between departments with built-in control.
Edynamics Business Management System is the Best Property Management Software for Real Estate Industry in India. It is developed by our team to analyze and observe the needs and demands of Builders, Property-Consultants and Sole Selling Companies.
Farvision offers a powerful construction software for online and Real time Integration between Financials, Materials, Construction and Marketing to ensure automatic reconciliation between Materials Procured, Materials Utilised, Work Progress and Contractor Billing.
T3 CRM for construction is very rich in functionality and is an industry specific product. The build in process at each level of modules makes construction software very easy for the user to move to the next level of cycle in a much easy way.
CIMS is free cloud based construction software for the builders and contractors. A complete project friendly suite developed under the guidance of the specialist. Wide clarity on all your projects accompanied with specialized reporting production monitoring.
Tactive Construction Management Software for Infrastructure, EPC, Contracting companies and Builders to complete their projects efficiently and manage their entire company's operations.
RECOS is a SaaS based e-platform that caters to the construction management needs of the developer with the aid of real time analytics and also automates the entire RERA processes and compliances.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The duty of a construction manager is to essentially oversee the making and completion of a construction project. It includes maintaining the time and cost budget of the project, recruiting and supervising laborers, keeping a quality check on the work done, obtaining all the necessary permits and requirements, arranging the supplies required, preventing work hazards, and maintaining a steady workflow at the construction site.
Construction management is a procurement route in which the task is divided among various trade contractors. These trade contractors are pledged to the client but they are answerable to the construction manager. Each of these trade contractors is hired to work on their area of expertise. The construction manager acts as a consultant and coordinator between all these various trade contractors.
The major difference between management contracting and construction management is that the construction manager does not work with the trade contractors and is solely the manager. A construction manager works on behalf of the employees. He is responsible for putting together the design team irrespective of the contracts signed by the employer with the trade contractors.
A management contractor, on the other hand, supervises the project on behalf of the client. A management contractor will work hand in hand with the employer’s professional team to select and appoint work contractors.
The preparation and assistance required when a team is going through an organizational change are referred to as ‘change management’. Change management in a construction project may refer to handling changes in the blueprint, change in site, or building or reassigning laborers.
The Gantt chart is a type of bar chart. It is used by managers for planning and scheduling construction activities. A Gantt chart can be used to display the start and finish dates of activity. It can also be used to keep track of construction supplies and various other activities.
Cost estimation is essentially working out a rough overview of the cost of the labor, materials, equipment, software, hardware, and facilities required in a construction project. There are many easy ways of estimating the cost of construction projects:
1. Analogous estimating – This method uses historical data to come up with estimates for upcoming projects.
2. Bottom-up estimating – The project is divided into smaller tasks. The estimate for each task is calculated and totaled.
3. Parametric estimating – The cost per unit is first found. Then it is multiplied by the total number of units to get the final estimate.
4. Empirical Costing method – In this method, the cost of a project is estimated by drawing data from previous similar projects.
Construction accounting is a form of project accounting that is modified to suit the construction business. It incorporates various terms used specifically in the construction business only such as “draw” and “progress billing”. Construction accounting also requires invoice and vendor payment.
Yes, QuickBooks is good for construction. It is an easy-to-use accounting software. It enables the user to import and track transactions, invoice and accept payments, run basic reports, and much more. It is a consistently well-rated software. It also provides a 30 day free trial to new users.
The various must-have factors for software construction management are:
1. Basic accounting features like accounts receivable, accounts payable, work order entry, and others must be in-built.
2. The software should be able to set standard rates for different jobs at the construction site.
3. It should be able to maintain a track record of time expenses. It should be able to manage the various time schedules of the project.
4. The software must be able to maintain a record of the supplies bought and used and the equipment on site.
5. It should be able to allocate time slots to laborers and dispatch work orders.
6. It should keep track of progress and produce project reports based on its analysis.
Construction management at risk is a delivery method in which the construction manager ensures the completion of the project within a Guaranteed Maximum Price. Taking all factors into account, this price is decided upon before the commencement of the project. Any reasonable additional expense is taken into account later.
IPD expands into Integrated Project Delivery. It is an approach that integrates various systems, people, and practices so as to utilize the unique talents of each participant and optimize the results. It refers to a multi-party contract. The project is divided into various segments. Different contractors are responsible for different segments depending on their area of expertise.
The main points of difference between a construction manager and a project manager are:
A construction manager oversees only the construction part of the project. He supervises the construction of the structure in accordance with the blueprint and details given to him.
A project manager, on the other hand, works closely with the client. He supervises all aspects of the project which includes planning, designing, site selection, and budget creation.
A construction manager instructs and supervises all the laborers and personnel working under construction. A project manager manages all the supervisors in charge of various tasks and subdivisions.
The main difference between a CM and PM is that of authority. A construction manager is answerable to a project manager. The project manager has a greater responsibility as he oversees the entire construction project.
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems in the construction business help to integrate various departments and functions concerned with a project. It automates all the processes of the company and integrates them into a single database. In this way, various departments involved in the construction project have easy access to data.
Prolog is the prime project management solution in the construction business. It is drafted by construction professionals for construction professionals. It helps in the flow of project information from the field office to the back office and vice versa. It aids in collaboration among team members and stakeholders. It not only manages the cost, but also the goals and schedules of different teams. Prolog construction is all about increasing efficiency and quality.
Site management refers to overseeing all the on-site operations. It includes ensuring the safety of the workers and checking for faults in equipment. Site management also involves coordinating with laborers, architects, technicians, engineers, and more. It also includes keeping a tab on the supplies that are bought and used during construction. Quality control of the structures produced also comes under this domain.