Best Collaboration Software in 2020
Finding the best Collaboration Software for your business is now faster and easier! Compare prices, reviews, features, and get free consultation to find the perfect software.
Businesses require that their executives work together while sharing and discussing information. In order to facilitate this, they require the employees to have a good platform, tool or software through which they can work together by coordinating their efforts and activities together. Collaboration Software serves this very need.
Collaboration Software is a unified package catering to all the collaboration needs of multiple users of an organization. It provides several media through which the workforce can communicate, share information, schedule tasks and work together. It offers task collaboration tools, email services, shared calendaring, message boards, video conferencing, VoIP services and the like. Collaboration software enables employees to come together and work on the same project or document over a local or even a remote network. With all these services and features, Collaboration Software is absolutely essential in today’s business world.
In order to facilitate effective collaboration between your workforce, the Collaboration Software you are looking to buy must have certain features:
- Support All Methods of Communication: Good collaboration software must have integrated messaging features which allow users viewing one file to leave messages for other users whose review they seek, in the same file. It must also have the scope for allowing private conversations when required. You must also check what is the maximum number of people that the software allows to join on a conference call, what is the fee involved for adding extra participants, mode of meeting, etc. It should facilitate screen sharing with good annotation tools for remote collaboration and be able to store project conversations in a centralised location. The software must also support multiple monitors.
- Simple Interface and Customizable: Your Collaboration software must have an intuitive interface with simple navigation. It should be able to integrate with your current infrastructure and must be able to work on different platforms. It should be scalable and should support OS updates that might take place in the future. Most importantly, the software must be fully customizable to suit the needs of the organization.
- Scheduling Features: It must be able to create task lists so that monitoring is possible for all the project tasks in motion. The task list must be based on the deliverables of the project assign task owners with specific responsibilities. The tasks should be scheduled with deadlines added to the calendar. It must also be able to monitor progress and generate timely reminders.
- Dynamic File Sharing: It must have an online repository where users can store and access files easily. Since, the files are being accessed by multiple users, sometimes external users as well, it must have adequate security features for protection of data and information. Additionally, it must be able to support a wide range of file types.
- Real-Time Collaboration: For proper management and tracking of changes to the files, collaboration software must have some key features for real-time updation. Before you finalise on collaboration software, make sure to check how many internal and external collaborators can be added for using a product and how many of them can use it simultaneously. Since, multiple users may be working on the same file, it must be able to create an audit trail so that changes made by each user can be tracked. It must also have multiple levels of access so that only certain authorized users can overwrite changes and lock the files for editing.
Collaboration software brings a host of benefits to the 21st century workplace such as:
- It allows for project tracking. It increases productivity, reduces duplication and improves knowledge retention. It makes information more discoverable by allowing for transparency and fosters innovation.
- It helps save costs that could have been incurred because of travel and other modes of communication. It reduces several operational and product development costs.
- It makes reporting easy.
- It allows for better management of projects and increases the efficiency of the tasks. It also improves efficiency of learning by knowledge sharing and also the efficiency of task distribution. Speed of access to knowledge gets increased.
- It improves team organization and employee satisfaction. It enables real-time discussion between personnel involved in a project
- It is essential for business success. By virtue of the options it opens up for scheduling, delegating, tracking, communication and good organization, collaboration software makes business tasks much more simplified and improves turn-around time and ease of working.
- It improves customer relationship and increases client satisfaction by facilitating seamless communication and tracking. It creates awareness, consideration and improves conversion. Supply chain costs are also reduced which increases vendor satisfaction.
Since, collaboration software brings together several personnel, a disadvantage that may arise is it can create conflicts due to opposed ideologies and working styles of different personnel. It may lead to the emergence of too many faux leaders which may interfere with the job getting done. It may also increase the tension between the staff leading to possible ambiguities about roles and responsibilities. This results in longer decision-making times. Moreover, when collaboration needs to take place between different cultures and language groups, it may not work.
Even with these disadvantages, effective use of collaboration software, with proper measures in place for tackling the ambiguities that arise, will work wonders for your organization.
Easy Projects is an award-winning collaborative work management platform used by local and remote teams to achieve quantifiable operational improvements. On average, teams that use Easy Projects report 30% decrease in project duration and 60% increase in productivity. View Profile
Passageways OnBoard Board Portal takes board management and meeting to the next level. It drives good governance and improves meeting outcomes. Your board will love using its board meeting software. View Profile
Infolio is a project management solution for teams & individuals, tailored for collaboration with its task management toolkit, dedicated project chats and visual boards for content sharing & collaboration.
Scoro is one of the best budgeting software which comes with tools for CRM and project management as well. It helps you manage your entire business by providing you access to all the financial data at one place. It helps you with budget planning, preparing financial reports and analyzing, invoicing, and much more.
heyme is a fully featured Collaboration Software designed to serve SMEs, Startups. heyme provides end-to-end solutions designed for Windows. This online Collaboration system offers Project Management, Task Management, Brainstorming, Discussion Boards, Content Management at one place.
Comindware provides non-coding workflow software for business process modeling and management, workflow automation and productivity boost. Minimize dependency on IT and empower non-technical users to design, run and modify Workflows with drag-and-drop simplicity.
Zoho's task management software is the best way to keep track of everything right from simple tasks to complex projects - all in one place.
Hallwaze is a provider of a Cloud based Rich, Interactive, Social & super Secure Collaboration & Messaging Platform for Enterprises. In today’s competitive world, innovation and collaboration are fundamental to success.
DeskAway is one of the best online project collaboration software that provides teams a central place to organize, manage & track work. It is 100% Web-based tool. You can try it before you buy it.
Taskworld is a full-featured project management tool which offer advanced analytics, built in messaging and tons of other great features which easily managing projects and serves seamlessly and straightens out the curved parts of team/project management.
ProofHub is an online project management software and collaboration tool. ProofHub provides your team the right tools for better project planning. Make notes of important points that get skipped after a discussion within this online project management tool.
SmartTask is an online task management and collaboration software for teams to track their progress. SmartTask brings task management, file sharing, CRM, location tracking and instant messaging on one platform.
Monday.com is a project management tool your group will really appreciate utilizing. It makes it fun and simple for everybody to team up, concentrate on what's imperative, and accomplish more at work.
Whaller is a secure social network software that helps create private networks and create a multi-sphere network for your business. It can be integrated with the other tools to increase the overall efficiency.
Avrut is an enterprise wide project management system designed to automate all processes related to standard architectural and engineering practices for small and medium size of business. With the help, you can work as collaboration software with internal and external team members and associates.
Confluence is a content and project collaboration software. It allows teams to create documents, provide feedback and have a central place to keep their work organized and accessible.
Miro Collaboration is a fully featured Collaboration Software designed to serve Agencies, Startups. Miro Collaboration provides end-to-end solutions designed for Windows. This online Collaboration system offers Status Tracking, Workflow Management, Feedback Collection, Project Management, Discussion Boards at one place.
Chatter is the leading enterprise social network that allows teams to take action and sync up like never before. And because it's built on the Salesforce1 Platform, you can create custom actions and deploy instantly to every desktop and device, and access any app from a fast, easy-to-use social feed.
AppsTec is a flexible content management, which makes managing your documents easier. Right from capturing data to indexing and retrieving documents, it offers end-to-end document management solutions. Moreover, it helps reduce physical storage space while helping you save on costs and leveraging benefits.
Get the customized images for your emails, blogs, websites, and social media pages by using Tallery Gallery. This image designing platform comes with integrated tools to create a personal image gallery without any hassles. It is also well integrated with WordPress, MS Office, Google Apps, and Mobile interface.
Mirrorfly provides a set of wholly packed solutions (Chat API and Messaging SDK, Audio/Video call integration, reliable features, and Monetization) to build your own custom-made chat application on Android/iOS and Web.
Cloud-based Learning Management System is a fully featured Learning and teaching platform to train your students, employees, partners or customers through online and blended/hybrid courses. WizIQ LMS is easy-to-use and mobile-ready platform to deliver self-paced, live online and blended courses that caters to the needs of the next-gen learners.
WorkMarshal provides you with a single, powerful, and robust project management platform that helps you achieve and maintain excellence at work. It's Simple, Affordable and Effective with One Month Free Trial
Effective communication is the key to businesses optimization. And Troop Messenger office chat app has been designed professionally loaded with germane features letting you have a rich chat experience
QuickReviewer is cloud-based design collaboration software for creating multiple review, comments, and feedback. You can also access the at a single location from anywhere at any time. Free Version is also available.